david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Fear Inducing Ideas For Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As the weather begins to cool, and the signs of Fall creep closer, the heartbeats of Halloween lovers quicken. For many people, Halloween is one of the best days of the year, and they are not shy from getting excited about the special occasion way in advance. To all my fellow Halloween enthusiasts, while it might be a little early to head to the pumpkin patch, here are some things you can do to ignite your fear receptors while you’re counting down the days:

1. Watch American Horror Story 

If by some chance you have missed the first 6 seasons of the TV phenomena American Horror Story, you have some serious catching up to do! Each season has its own unique theme, that manages to be creepier than the last. The show is available to stream on Netflix, and the 7th season just aired on Tuesday, September 5th. The theme of the newest season is “Cult”, and it will surely give you your weekly dose of terror. 

2. Go to Six Flags Great America’s “Fright Fest

Starting September 16th through October 31st, when you buy a ticket to Six Flags, you will be entering what is known as “Fright Fest”. When night falls, the amusement park essentially becomes a giant haunted house, where zombies and monsters roam around terrifying you as you walk (or run) from ride to ride. This adrenaline inducing experience is just what you need to get you in the Halloween spirit! 

3. Go see the movie “It

On Friday, September 8th, the word will be introduced to the film version of Stephen King’s horrifying novel, It. Perhaps you’re wondering: What is so horrifying about a title with only two letters? Do not be fooled. The star of this movie is a sinister-looking clown, whose mere appearance is enough to run chills down your spine.

"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder." -Rumi
UIC Contributor.