yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

3 Academic Ways Of Getting Into The Fall Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

October is finally here! Whether you’re a fall lover, pumpkin spice and maple lover, or holiday lover, here are a few suggestions to get you into the spirit without letting your grades drop. 

1. Study outside

With the nice cool weather that has been approaching us, take a break outside of the library or coffee shop and sit outside. Enjoy both nature and your studies at the same time. 

2. Redecorate your room

Fall cleaning has arrived! Time to start putting those summer clothes away and bringing out those jackets, sweaters, and boots. You can even buy some holiday scented candles to brighten up your room. Although, this may not help your grade you will thank your self later for being productive, and not looking for your winter jacket that is packed away right before your 8 a.m. class.

3. Make a delicious breakfast

Midterms have your feeling stressed? Are classes becoming overwhelming? If so, cooking is always a good idea to help ease some of your stress. Plan out a yummy breakfast that you would like to make, set your alarm early so that you can make it before class and enjoy! This will help you wake up early and start your day off right. 

Raven is sophomore at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She majoring in UIC college of education as an early childhood educator. She dreams of one day teaching in both private and public schools. She has a passion for young people and most importantly patience. During Raven's free time from class she likes to shop, catch up on missed shows and more SHOPPING. Raven is sometimes shy but love meeting new people - ironic!  
UIC Contributor.