matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

The 2019 Lollapalooza Lineup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

This morning, Lollapalooza just released this year’s lineup and I am so relieved because I have been waiting since the last day of last year’s Lolla for it!

The lineup includes Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, Twenty One Pilots and the Strokes. Other artists featured in the music festival are The Chainsmokers, J Balvin, Lil Wayne, Janelle Monáe, H.E.R., 6lack, AJR and more. 

This year, the acts featured come from more genres than ever before. Specifically, the inclusion of Latin artists is relatively new for some of the biggest festivals in America like Lollapalooza. For instance, the poster suggests that J Balvin has one of the eight headlining spots since his name is presented in the same size and font as Ariana Grande and Childish GambinoThere are even some celebrities on this year’s lineup. For example, the band Tenacious D is scheduled. Tenacious D is a comedy rock duo that includes the actor Jack Black. Also, a DJ named Diesel is on the lineup. Diesel is the basketball player, Shaquille O’Neal. Even though 4-day general admission tickets went on sale yesterday, single-day tickets are not for sale yet but they are “coming soon,” according to the official Lollapalooza website. You’ll definitely be able to catch me at the festival this year. and yes, it’s just because I want to see Jack Black and Shaq.

Mia is a sophomore at UIC pursuing a double major in history and Spanish. She is also pursuing a double minor in museum studies and social justice.
UIC Contributor.