This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Gobble Gobble ladies, break approaches, and we can say we’re mighty thankful for that. We can kick our feet back for the generous timespan of two days plus the weekend, enjoy the food we could not possibly find in the dining hall, and (fingers crossed) enjoy a homework-free break. But, rather than passively complaining, this time is to be thankful for what we have and to appreciate those around us. In honor of Thanksgiving, here are ten things the Her Campus team, here at UIC, is thankful for.

1. “The sense of community of women that have passions and goals.” – Lana El Masri

2. “For all the new people I’ve met on campus everyday, and all the connections we are able to make with one another….and the food…CANNOT forget the food.” – Maggie Szczodruch

3. “Friendships and bonding, as cheesy as it sounds, most thankful for each other.” -Editor/Chief Shirley Toy

4. “The opportunity to do something enjoyable while also gaining experience to add to a resume.” – Safari Thomas

5. Our Tommy x Gigi partnership!

6. Survival Kit freebies!

7. “Being able to write about topics that interest us while reaching thousands of women just like us.” – Ana Pliego

8. “The many opportunities we are exposed to widen our outlook on the community and what is available for us as members of Her Campus, as students, and as individual women.” – Maggie Szczodruch

9. The events hosted by Her Campus showcasing women of all different backgrounds influencing the world.

10. The co-founders of Her Campus, Windsor Hanger Western, Annie Wang, and Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, being featured on Forbes 30 under 30 for their creation of the number one media brand for college women!!! So proud!!

A year full of achievements and struggles, we are thankful for every event in our lives that have shaped us into who we are and has led us to where we are today. Whether it be in school or our personal lives, we work hard to achieve our dreams, every hardship is worth it. To grow and better ourselves, the journey is worth it. We are thankful for the opportunity to have experienced this year and hope for the best for the one to come. Let’s keep on conquering the world ladies!

UIC Contributor.