“May God Bless the United States of America”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

It’s hard to form a complete train of thought after reading long Facebook posts all morning.

Throughout this past year or even two, I feel like my emotions have been pulsed through a blender. Not because of any partisan reason, but because this has been one of the most unconventional elections in U.S. history.

From email scandals to hate speech we as Americans have tuned in to it all. When a candidate had a moved forward, people either felt a sigh of relief or felt like they had been punched in the gut and vice versa.

But now it’s all over, and I’m not sure how I feel.

I have friends who fear to leave their homes and others who can finally sleep easy tonight.

Do we continue to block or unfriend people on Facebook or do both sides become complacent and no longer voice their opinions publicly?

That’s something I don’t have the answer to yet.

I believe uncertainty is what everyone feels, but if his opponent, Hilary Clinton, can be optimistic about what America can still achieve, so can we.

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."