5 Best Ideas for the Perfect Fall Date!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Autumn is the perfect time to FALL for someone …get it!?!

During the fall months it gets colder, and what does everyone want when it gets colder? A snuggle buddy! They don’t call fall “cuffing” season for no reason!  Whether you’re trying to win the heart of that hottie you’ve had your eyes on, or (pumpkin) spice things up with your bae… Here are five awesome fall date ideas, right here in the Houston area!

1) Visit a Pumpkin Patch.

I’ve personally never done this but it sounds like such a picture perfect fall date! There are many farms in the Houston area that will have Pumpkin Patches, such as Old Macdonald’s and Dewberry Farms, so there is no shortage of places to go! Just grab your lover, pick a place, and head out! The two of you can walk through the fields with and pick out some great pumpkins. Then you can take them home to carve. Bonus points if you collect the seeds and toast them for a snack. Not to mention the adorable date instapics you could take while you’re there!

2) Get lost in a Corn Maze.

Another awesome fall activity you and your partner can do this fallis head out and find a corn maze! If y’all can tackle a maze together, you’ll be able to handle anything life throws at you. Plus it’s the perfect way to enjoy the amazing fall weather. Many of the same farms that have pumpkin patches also have corn mazes, so if you’re feeling adventurous you can combine the two! Then stop to enjoy a PSL on the way home.

3) Bake some delicious fall treats.

Nothing goes together better than fall and delicious baked goods. It’s a great excuse to cheat on your diet and enjoy some quality time at home with your lover. Look up some recipes and try anything (or everything) that catches your eye.Don’t forget to make something pumpkin! It would be crazy not to!

4) Get spooked at Boo on the Boardwalk.

Boo on the boardwalk is actually in Kemah, but that’s not too far a drive from the university! On weekends in October, the boardwalk has tons of halloween themed events and activities. You can even Trick or Treat at the different retail stores down the boardwalk. It’s a perfect road trip with a little halloween fun! Not to mention, they have a haunted house, which is perfect because you’ll have your date to cling on to (or he’ll cling to you… whatever!)

5) Check out Zoo Boo.

Something similar to Boo on the Boardwalk, but a little closer to home

(for those who don’t want to make the trip) is Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo! They have a

pumpkin patch, face paint, and you can Trick or Treat here too. You get free admission with your UH Student card, so enjoy all that is the zoo with a little Halloween twist!

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."