megan thee stallion?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
megan thee stallion?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
NBC

Why We Love Megan Thee Stallion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Hot Girl Meg, H-Town Hottie, Tina Snow — Megan Thee Stallion goes by many names, and no matter which one you know her as, you definitely know that she’s one of the hottest stars out there right now (no pun intended). She first caught people’s attention through her freestyling videos she posted on Instagram. She released her first EP, Tina Snow, in 2018, and then really blew up after her song “Big Ole Freak” charted on the Billboard Hot 100, and she’s stolen our hearts ever since with her witty lyrics and outstanding performances.

Now, she’s released two full-length albums, three EPs, three mixtapes, and one compilation album. She has countless awards under her belt, including three Grammys — one of which she accepted alongside her idol, Beyoncé, for their song “Savage Remix“. She has brand deals with Nike and Fashion Nova, and she even had her own sauce featured at Popeye’s. She’s great at rebranding things to fit her name (turning Halloween into “Hottieween”, turning Saturday Night Live into “Stallion Night Live”, and several other examples) to make her mark in Hollywood. She’s doing a little bit of everything and doing it flawlessly. If you need motivation that you can do it all, Megan is a perfect inspiration.

To add to her growing fame, Megan has quickly become someone that everyone in the industry is friends with or a fan of. Not only has she collaborated with Queen B, but she also released “Hot Girl Summer” with Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign, “Butter Remix” with BTS, and “34 + 35 Remix” with Ariana Grande and Doja Cat, and has many more collabs under her belt. She’s also a model for Rihanna’s Savage x Fenty line, and she was even seen hanging out with Stranger Things actress Natalia Dyer after their joint Jimmy Fallon interview. She’s so friendly and personable that she has acquaintances everywhere.

But Megan is successful outside of her Hollywood-related accomplishments. She’s a recent college graduate from Texas Southern University with a Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration. It’s an obvious far cry from her current job in the music industry, but Megan has always said she wanted to complete college in honor of her late mother and grandmother. She’s planning to open an assisted-living facility in the future and she wants it to be run by her peers she graduated with. Take it from us, completing college is hard. But to do it in the wake of losing two family members and while being an international superstar? Megan seriously deserves all the praise for that one. It’s not an easy feat, and Megan showed us just how resilient she can be.

Another reason why we love Megan so much is because of how much she interacts with her fans. If you’ve seen her Instagram lives, you can see how fun and relaxed she is. She’s always goofing around and cracking jokes, and she makes the livestream feel like a Facetime call. She really treats her fans as if they’re her best friends. She always responds to comments on her livestreams, replies to fans’ tweets, and puts their needs first. She created the “Don’t Stop” Scholarship to give fans $10,000 to go towards their college tuition. She also created a website, https://www.badbitcheshavebaddaystoo.com, that’s named after lyrics in her song, “Anxiety“. The website houses several different mental health resources and tips for those who are struggling, with an emphasis on women of color and those in the LGBTQ+ community — two groups she’s a part of herself. Megan has always been transparent about her mental health battle and wants to give her fans access to help she didn’t have the opportunity to receive.

This leads us to our next point simply about how relatable Megan is. She’s not one to shy away from the reality of things; she’s consistently discussing any issues or problems she’s going through instead of hiding them. She lets people know that they’re not alone in how they feel and that it’s normal to go through hardships. She’s touched on feminism, relationships, Black Lives Matter, and several other hard-hitting topics. On a much lighter note, she’s always talking about her different hobbies and interests so she can connect with her fans on a deeper level. She loves showing off her pet iguana, Billiam, and she’s always discussing her love for other celebrities, anime, and movies, which she displays by dressing in elaborate costumes or giving us several fun references in her song lyrics. Megan hasn’t let fame change her, and she still loves to let loose and stay true to herself.

To keep it short, Megan Thee Stallion is just an all-around great person. She keeps it real and doesn’t shy away from giving us the truth about her music and who she is. It’s rare to see someone be so open and honest in Hollywood these days, and we appreciate Megan for being among the crowd who doesn’t hide who they are. She’s such a genuine, down-to-earth person, and you can tell that everything she does comes from the heart — her songs, her energy on stage, her interactions with people, and her hard work are all backed by her love for what she does. Megan is not someone who likes to do things halfway, and it’s easy to see that.

She possesses all of the qualities to be a perfect role model: she’s talented, strong, persevering, and kind. Her spunk, spontaneity, and originality are why we add “Hot Girl” in front of everything and why we spend forever practicing to get “Megan Knees” so we can bounce and twerk just as well as she does, as these small practices help women accept their true selves and gain a sense of confidence they may not have had before. “Hot Girl Coach” is one of her most fitting aliases because she truly is showing everyone that there’s a Hot Girl in all of us, even if it takes a little bit of digging to bring it out. For these reasons, all of Megan Thee Stallion’s accomplishments and praise are extremely justified, and she’s so deserving of all the appreciation she gets.

We can’t wait to see how Megan’s career grows in the future, and we’ll be right by her side every step of the way.

Gabby Floyd is a fourth year Special Education major at UGA. She loves social justice, Olive Garden breadsticks, and Spider-Man movies. In her free time, she's usually reading, binge watching Glee, or making niche Spotify playlists.