Valentine’s Day Date Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Every year on February 14, collegiettes on campuses everywhere are stressed over what to wear on that special Valentine’s Day date.

Whether it is a nice fancy dinner or a close intimate one-on-one meal, you’re going to want to have on something that your significant other finds ravishing. Not only do we feel pressured to put together a perfect ensemble, but also as college students we try not to spend too much money in a single night. Ladies have no fear! Here’s your guide for choosing an outfit and accessorizing.

When dressing for an occasion with such a strong theme as Valentine’s Day, the most important thing to remember is that you don’t have to resemble cupid or those tacky red and pink valentine’s cards. It’s okay to wear other colors as long as you keep in mind the mood of the occasion. When choosing your attire, keep in mind that this is a romantic celebration of love. So gear outfits towards the lacey, silky, satin, chiffon fabrics, floral, soft texturized patterns, and softer color palettes for accessories.

What if you’re not one that’s into the ‘frilly, lovey-dovey look’? That’s alright. If edgy is more your sense of style, try going for bold colors such as red, black, hot pink, or even white! Pair these colors with some sexy statement heels, or cute studded flats to complete your look. Also look for items that are gently studded around the shoulders and body con style dresses to take your look up a notch on the edgy-sexy scale. These colors and designs will be sure to help you stand out positively in a crowd or a restaurant.

For a more casual, relaxed look pair nice denim skinny jeans with a wrap top or a peplum top, (one of this season’s hottest trends) and flats or over the knee boots. Style and accessorize this look with a pair of dangle earrings or a statement pendant and a braided up do or soft romantic curls/waves.

In order to prevent splurging too much on your look, set a budget limit for yourself when shopping. Stores such as Wet Seal, Forever 21, LuLu’s all carry trendy items that are within a collegiettes’ budget. Lastly, it’s important to be sure that you feel comfortable and confident in whatever you decide to wear since your mood is going to set the tone for the type of evening you have.

Here’s to a Happy Valentine’s Day Ensemble!