The Ultimate Pre- Music Festival Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Coachella, Wakarusa, SXSW and various festivals are announcing their lineups. Sure we can all sing along to Outkast or The Killers, but what about the lesser known bands that make up the largest percentage of all those lineups? Let’s face it, there’s nothing like singing along at a concert. So here are a few songs to prepare y’all for the upcoming music festivals.

Bad Blood by Bastille

Airplanes by Local Natives

Chocolate by The 1975

Cardiac Arrest by Bad Suns

Luck by American Authors

Ways to Go by Grouplove

Giants by Bear Hands

Moment by Damian Lazarus

Sweet Talker by Needtobreathe

Chasin’ Echoes by The Lonely Biscuits

Balance by Future Islands

I Know by Tom Odell

Running Wild by Moon Taxi

Daylight by Matt & Kim

Salty Air by Ruby the Rabbitfoot (from Athens!)

These are just a few of my favorites, and I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do. So look through those lineups and find some of your own favorites from the awesome artists queuing up in the festival scene this year.

HCXO,

Leslie

Hi there! I'm Leslie--a senior majoring in English/creative writing and minoring in religion. I have unhealthy obsessions with Seth Rogen, Doctor Who, tennis, anything Sherlock Holmes, books, yoga...a list too long to continue. I think my purpose on Earth is to make people laugh, whether it is intentional or unintentional. I studied abroad at Oxford University and just ran my first triathlon. And I don't know how to end this, so... I love you.
A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter