LIB S3 Reunion 00524 R?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
LIB S3 Reunion 00524 R?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Sara Mally/Netflix © 2022

UGA Students Watch the Love Is Blind “Live” Reunion!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

With this past weekend, arguably the most dramatic season of Love is Blind has come to a close. Love is Blind Season 4 featured the most couples to successfully say “I do,” at the altar, with 3 of the 4 couples getting and staying married. Netflix promised a live reunion filled with unedited, crazy drama and the result was, well, disappointing. After all of the hype, the platform crashed, and the show was unable to air until at least an hour and a half after the promised time. Even then, it only worked for certain individuals and the show was no longer live. However, despite these setbacks, the show still had some important moments, and here are the highlights in the opinion of UGA students! Warning — spoilers for the season ahead!

Zach tells Irina she came on the show to become famous

After Irina treated Zach awfully, it was nice to see him finally tell him off. However, it was disappointing that the live show only emphasized Irina’s mean girl behavior and not her “bestie’s” Micha’s behavior as well. It did take guts for Irina to show up though unlike some people.

Jackie Claims to have Receipts for the reunion… only to not show up

Jackie is arguably one of the show’s biggest villains across all 4 of its seasons. After not showing up to her wedding dress fitting to go on a date with a man who was not her fiancé, fans were ready to fight her. However, after not seeing her or her beau Josh at the reunion, despite her promising to attend and bring receipts, fans were disappointed, after preparing themselves for the drama.

The attempt to villainize Paul

The show was seen attempting to villainize Paul, who was the only person to make it to the altar and say “I don’t.” After the show itself portrayed the narrative that Micah was a mean girl along with Irina, the reunion seemed to attempt to target and villainize her former fiance, Paul. Micah hopped on this train, ready with tears to accompany her story. However, castmates Zach and Bliss were quick to jump in and defend their friend.

Kwame and Chelsea are… happy?

One of the biggest shocks of this season was that Kwame and Chelsea made it to the altar and said “I do.” Kwame seemed too infatuated with Micah for fans to believe he truly had deep feelings for Chelsea. However, the couple seemed happy and in love at the reunion, leading many fans to suspect how the show was edited to portray their narrative, and Kwame and Micah’s relationship.

Why bartise again???

Bartise is one of the most disliked members from the show’s third season, with fans disliking how he manipulated and insulted his fiancé, Nancy. After seeing him on Perfect Match and After the Altar, fans’ opinions of him did not improve. However, for some reason, he showed up on video to the reunion, to the dismay and disgust of many fans (Twitter went wild).

Love Is Blind S3 E6 00 35 46 11R?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Courtesy of Netflix © 2022

These are probably the biggest moments from that reunion. Students, despite their disappointment at the show airing late, overall enjoyed the reunion, despite it not packing as much drama as they had hoped. We can’t wait to see these couples again on After the Altar!

Medhini is a first year student at UGA, majoring in Cell Biology, on the premed track, and minoring in the Classics. She listens to Taylor Swift 24/7, and loves to read. Follow her bookstagram @storyofusmedsversion!