UGA Buildings as Netflix Originals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Netflix has been rolling out new original shows recently, and there’s still more coming our way (Spoiler: Shonda Rhimes is going to be behind one of them). Her Campus Virginia Tech recently published an article that compared famous buildings on their campus to Netflix original shows. I thought it would be a fun challenge to see what buildings here in the Classic City remind me of Netflix originals.     

Fuller House = University Village

Ah, yes! As we all know about the great freshman housing crisis of this year, this Netflix show is a perfect way to describe overcrowded Family Housing turning into University Village.   

Orange is the New Black = Creswell Hall

Creswell is consider the worst of the worst of the high rises, and everybody doesn’t like it. From the terrible community bathrooms to having 50 night fire drills a semester, the residents are real troopers. But at the same time, the residents find a way to make the best out of the situation and make friends and memories for life. 

Stranger Things = Tate Student Center

There have been strange things seen going on at Tate. We have seen a drop of blood walking around, people carrying snakes around their necks, and even camels. 

Friends from College = Wray-Nicholson House (Alumni Association)

It’s a party anytime you get back together with your college friends!

Dear White People = Memorial Hall

Memorial Hall and Armstrong/Parker can basically be consider the same thing. Memorial Hall houses the MPS (Multicultural Program and Services) and the LGBT Resource Center. Memorial Hall is a place where black culture at UGA was first established. Even though Tate is home for the infamous “Tate Time,” Memorial Hall is still another place for minority students to express themselves.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt =  Sanford Stadium

It’s hard out there sometimes for a Georgia Football fan. But just like this show, you wipe away the heart attacks life gives you and still approach it with a smile on your face.

Santa Clarita Diet = Bolton Dining Hall

Bolton is the place you go when you’re hungry and want to eat all you can without having somebody judge you for your weird food cravings.

Chewing Gum = Gilbert Hall

This building is just as awkward as this show’s protagonist. Gilbert is known for having weird half levels, and you have to travel by elevators to get to certain parts of the building.   

Hey y'all. My name is Jayda Hill and I am currently a student at the University of Georgia trying to navigate adulting. I am Advertising major with a minor in Sports Management and a certificate in New Media. Besides writing, I enjoy laughing with friends, eating at my favorite places, reading, watching college football, movies, Youtube videos, and shows on Hulu and Netflix. I can't wait to channel my inner Carrie Bradshaw with Her Campus UGA.