Top Trending Halloween Costumes This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Every Halloween season there always is the costume or group of characters that EVERYONE and their mother is going to dress as and you’re like, “I didn’t get the memo, why didn’t I know sooner?”

So if you’ve been on TikTok or any social media platform the past month, you’ve probably seen a lot of these costumes trending this year. Here are what I think are some top trending Halloween costumes you’ll probably encounter or dress as this year.

1.) Teen titans

"C"...Raven...Teen Titans

Specifically this year, a viral remix of the Teen Titans theme song has blown up on TikTok causing everyone to bring out their best Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy. I cannot tell you how many times I saw someone dressed as Teen Titans not only on my fyp but on Instagram too. But to be fair, the teen titans are iconic as ever and this year will be everywhere.

2.) Patrick Bateman

SPLATTER CINEMA: AMERICAN PSYCHO

If you have been living under a rock, you probably haven’t seen the resurgence of American Psycho. Everywhere on TikTok there are various audios of Patrick Bateman, the villainous protagonist of the film. Not only is everyone thirsting over him, but they are dressing as him too.

3.) Eddie Munson

Eddie Munson

C’mon this one is not that surprising if you watched Stranger Things 4 this past summer. Eddie was the MVP of this season and I’ve already seen so many people dress as him before we even got to October. All you gotta do is get your Hellfire Club shirt and you’re already halfway there!

4.) Scooby Doo gang

DragonCon 2017 Saturday-146

I think Scooby Doo is timeless. That’s it.

5.) Angel/Devil duo

Devil and Angel

If you need a quick but still hot costume for a party or anything, you can never go wrong with the Angel/Devil duo or either of them. They always serve every time no matter how many times they have been done, but I know they will never go out of style on Halloween.

If you’re still deciding on a Halloween costume this year be sure to check out any of these or open TikTok if you have to! Happy Halloween!

Julia is an Entertainment & Media Studies major. She enjoys all types of music (except country), anything with pesto sauce, and sitcoms. In her free time she loves exploring new places with friends, cooking, and watching movies.