Top 5 RomComs to Read if You Miss Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

If your schedule is anywhere nearly as hectic as mine, then your Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day was totally ruined with the onset of midterms. Instead of feel-good, cozy vibes with friends and partners, we spent Valentine’s Day in the library and locked in with various homework. If you want those feel-good vibes, these books will be perfect for you!

You deserve Each Other by Naomi hoggle

This story centers around an engaged couple who have lost their connection over the years, to the point of resentment. They compete in a prank war of sorts to see who will be the first to end their relationship and discover themselves in the process.

Better Than the movies by Lynn Painter

A YA novel, Better than the Movies follows two neighbors, Wes and Liz, through the weeks leading up to their high school prom, as the two fake date each other. The story pays homage to classic rom-coms and has such good feel-good vibes!

Funny Feelings By Tarah Dewitt

This story follows two standup comedians, Farley and Meyer who have worked with each other for years. Meyer has been one of Farley’s closest friends, but he quit standup to raise his daughter, Hazel. As Farley reaches a big break in her career, she and Meyer put on a show for publicity, revealing their true feelings on the journey.

Beach read by emily henry

This book follows two authors, who were college rivals, dealing with writer’s block. They decide to try and write in each other’s genres, to stretch their skill and find their flow. They grow close and learn about one another in the process. A rivalry rooted in deep mutual respect turns into something more in this perfect vacation read!

the cheat sheet by sarah adams

This is a classic sports romance, between Bree, a dance teacher, and her best friend Nathan, the rising star quarterback of the Los Angeles Sharks. The two have been in love since high school yet have always just orbited around each other. New challenges bring them closer than before, and maybe they can get past the friend zone and into the end zone!

I hope these books help to brighten your month a little and keep you company as the school year gets busier!

Medhini is a first year student at UGA, majoring in Cell Biology, on the premed track, and minoring in the Classics. She listens to Taylor Swift 24/7, and loves to read. Follow her bookstagram @storyofusmedsversion!