Tom Brady vs. Russell Wilson: Who Really Won the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

On Sunday night, Tom Brady went home with the fourth Super Bowl trophy of his career. To a sports fan, Brady is the obvious champion of the evening, but let’s take a second look. Seahawks quarterback, Russell Wilson, may have thrown the game-ending interception to Patriots rookie Malcolm Butler, but there is more to be evaluated than the baic definition of winning and losing in sports. Here’s the breakdown between the two stars of Super Bowl XLIX, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson, on our terms.

We’ll get this out of the way from the beginning. Both players clearly aren’t lacking in the looks department.  

Aside from the looks, no one can deny Brady’s got the Super Bowl wins down. Because he has won the Super Bowl MVP three times up to date, he wants to give his MVP award, a Chevrolet Colorado, to Patriots teammate, Malcolm Butler, the same player who ended Russell Wilson’s game Sunday night. Hand Brady a ‘Teammate of the Year’ award to sit on his shelf with the rest of his hardware. 

Sure, it was a tough loss for Wilson, but if football doesn’t work out, he has a professional baseball career waiting for him with the Texas Rangers.  After the game on Sunday, the Rangers, waiting with open arms, announced Wilson’s invitation to the Texas program once again.  Raise your hand if you could deal with Wilson in some baseball pants.

Or Wilson can turn to writing. The Seahawks quarterback currently works as a Senior Editor for Derek Jeter’s website, The Player’s Tribune. Talk abut options. Wilson gives us a look into his his hopes, his dreams, his greatest secrets and loves in various articles…okay, maybe just his perfect sandwich and a few other fun facts. He’s also covered heavier topics, like domestic violence, specifically in the NFL. Check it out.

While Wilson finds more ways to make himself a candidate for the ‘Best All-Around’ superlative, Brady spends his time at home with his wife and kid, Benjamin. His wife, if you didn’t catch her effortlessly posing with her son after the Super Bowl like this…

…is none other than Gisele Bundchen, the Brazilian supermodel with the legs for days, those gorgeous locks, the iconic fashion, and that famous body. Just check out the latest Chanel No. 5 commercials. Yup, that’s Brady’s wife. 

A football career, contrary to Brett Favre’s honorary attempts, cannot last forever. To make sure his family remains comfortable, Brady, thankfully, has a promising acting career to fall back on.

And maybe he could try out modeling with his wife, Gisele?

But let’s not forget about Wilson.

From the acting family man to the versatile bachelor, how can we choose the real winner of Super Bowl XLIX? It’s time to re-evaluate everything you thought you knew. So tell us, who actually took the trophy home Sunday night?

Danielle is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in English and minoring in Sociology. You can usually find her dividing her time between being Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UGA, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix and daydreaming about being one of Beyonce's backup dancers. If you want to know more about Danielle, you can follow her on Instagram (@danielleknecole_) or Twitter (@DanielleKnecole).