Things You Will Understand If You Attended Music Midtown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Music Midtown is an annual weekend music festival that the city of Atlanta puts on every September. This year included artists such as Bruno Mars (who was the headliner), Big Sean, Tove Lo, Future, Zara Larsson, and many more. This year was my first time attending the festival with my best friend, and I have noticed a few things that anyone who attended Music Midtown will understand.

Being packed like sardines in a crowd while waiting for the artist to come out

One word: SWEAT!

Trying to decide which artists are important to watch

When people are leaving and you know you’re about to move closer to the stage

When your favorite artist performs your favorite song

When the artist performs a song nobody knows the words to

Seeing all the interesting fashion choices people make

When everyone around you is smoking while tightly packed in a crowd

Being able to see your favorite artist live and in person (ME WHEN I SAW BRUNO MARS)

Realizing how much you’re hurting your bank account from this weekend alone

But you don’t care because when at Music Midtown…

Going back to normal life after an amazing weekend 

Music Midtown 2017 was amazing. I can’t wait to see what is in store for Music Midtown 2018!

Hey y'all. My name is Jayda Hill and I am currently a student at the University of Georgia trying to navigate adulting. I am Advertising major with a minor in Sports Management and a certificate in New Media. Besides writing, I enjoy laughing with friends, eating at my favorite places, reading, watching college football, movies, Youtube videos, and shows on Hulu and Netflix. I can't wait to channel my inner Carrie Bradshaw with Her Campus UGA.