Surviving Concert Night As Told By “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Music concerts are on everyone’s bucket list. It’s a night to remember—live music, your favorite bands, your best friends. While concerts seem like one of the best nights of your life, no one actually prepares you for every other part of the concert, so here are some tips. 

Make sure to eat plenty of food beforehand (you won’t be getting rest any time soon, so you’ll need all the energy you can get).

Wear some comfortable shoes and some determination, you’ll be standing (and maybe even jumping) for the entire concert.

Always stick with your friends (the buddy system or buddies system is a must).

Don’t expect much personal space (if you’re close enough to the stage, you might evolve from concert-goer to sardine in a can).

Expect the drunks, the obnoxious, and those overly-handsy couples.

Get ready for some adrenaline to help your night out (you won’t be able to resist the excitement of your favorite songs).

Keep these tips in mind, and you and your friends will have a night to remember.

Bonus: a drink or two can do wonders (but don’t forget water, hydration can be just as good as a buzz).

I'm a college student majoring in Spanish and English. I'm also the Vice President of UGA's Sigma Tau Delta chapter. I'm a writer, but I typically focus my area in science fiction. You can usually find me three cups deep in coffee and jumping between five books at a time.