jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

The Stages of Waiting for a Text Back As Told By ‘Gilmore Girls’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

In this generation, we are obsessed with our phone. Our phone is essentially a part of our body. Our phone is also the fastest way to communicate with somebody we like or are interested in. We all know how it starts. They text you first or you text them first, then you wait for a reply. Sooner or later it gets to a point where you are waiting forever for a response back. We have all been there before. There are certain stages a person goes through waiting for this text back.

Stage 1: Disbelief

Stage 2: Annoyed

Stage 3: Angry

Stage 4: Sad

Stage 5: Doing things to take your mind off of the situation

Stage 6: Angry (again)

Stage 7: Acceptance

Stage 8: Remembering how you are a strong, independent woman that doesn’t need a man

Stage 9: They respond  

Maybe one day they will understand our pain, or maybe we’ll stop over-obsessing about text messages. Pretty sure the former will happen first. 

Hey y'all. My name is Jayda Hill and I am currently a student at the University of Georgia trying to navigate adulting. I am Advertising major with a minor in Sports Management and a certificate in New Media. Besides writing, I enjoy laughing with friends, eating at my favorite places, reading, watching college football, movies, Youtube videos, and shows on Hulu and Netflix. I can't wait to channel my inner Carrie Bradshaw with Her Campus UGA.