This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The most wonderful time of the year for college students is almost here! Nothing beats the fun of planning spring break trips with friends and the ability to get a break from the grind of college. Here are some hacks to help make the packing process much easier and to get you on the way to your vacation faster than ever!

1. Mix and match outfits using solid colors

Try packing skirts or shirts that are solid. Solid colored items can be used with a few different “stand out” pieces, reducing the amount of clothes that need to be packed. Here’s an example of some week long mix and match outfit ideas. 

2. Use the same accessory for more than one outfit

We’re not saying only bring one necklace or set of earrings, but if you can reuse some jewelry for different outfits, there are less things you need to take, and less of your jewelry that could end up getting lost.

3. Leave space for souvenirs

Whether you’re flying overseas or simply driving to the beach, there is guaranteed to be at least one thing you decide to bring back with you. Plan accordingly while packing to avoid the last minute explosion that is bound to happen when trying to make everything fit. 

4. Check the weather before you leave

I’m notorious for packing clothes to match every season. It could be winter and I have to pack shorts, or vice versa. To avoid doing this, check the weather of wherever you are visiting and try to adjust your wardrobe accordingly. There is NO need to pack a snow jacket for a trip to the beach. 

5.  Roll clothes to make more room

I learned this trick while sharing a suitcase with my boyfriend to go to Europe. Rolling your clothes makes things so much easier and will make it easier to pack all of the things you originally want to without having to compromise or choose. 

Now go and enjoy spring break! Be safe, be responsible, and be prepared with these hacks! 

Hi, my name is Rachel! I am a 4th year student at the University of Georgia studying English. My goal is to become a Special Education English teacher. I enjoy music, movies, her two cats, and hiking with her boyfriend in the mountains of North Georgia. Currently I work at a local school in their After School program, interacting and tutoring Middle School children. I have a passion for animals and someday hope to open my own animal rescue. My kitties, Calypso and Harley, are my heart and have really helped me develop a passion for helping animals in need.