Spring Break Fashions!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Spring break. The two words every college student has on their mind come January.  The week of blissful freedom where most of us get to shed the heavy layers of sweaters and boots and finally soak up some Vitamin D.  It’s also the first time we get to show off the spring styles that have been hiding in our closets all winter and a perfect excuse to go shopping for more. With spring break just around the corner and fashion week wrapping up, it’s the perfect time to spice up your spring wardrobe with a few new looks.  Read on for my spring break packing list.

1. A cute new bathing suit is a must-have for any spring break vacation. Unless, of course, you’re going skiing (Hot tub, anyone?). This one from Target is budget-friendly, and the neon color will make you appear more tan than you are—help most of us need our first week back in the sun. {Top: $17.99//Bottoms: $14.99}
  2. It isn’t spring break without a flowing tank in your suitcase. This lace racer-back from American Eagle is light and delicate—the perfect girly touch to cut-off shorts.  Wear it with a bandeau and a small necklace for an effortlessly stylish look while you’re wandering on the beach at night, sipping something frozen and fruity.  {$24.95}
  3. These black laser-cut shorts are perfect for a week relaxing by pools and sinking your feet in the sand.  Comfy enough to throw on over your bathing suit but cute enough to pair with a printed top for lunch, these shorts are a steal from Target. {$11.88}
  4. This skinny cuff from C. Wonder is the perfect addition to your jewelry collection.  Wear it alone or paired with a few other pieces in your closet, this bracelet will be the perfect simple piece that can still make a statement.  Plus, it also comes in a gorgeous mint color that’s perfect for spring! {$38}
  5. I’ve always been afraid to buy an animal print shirt because I’ve seen it go horribly wrong too many times, so I’m always looking out for simpler ways to incorporate these fun prints into my outfits.  These Forever 21 sandals are the perfect way to do just that, and at under $10 with three color options, there’s no reason not to bring them home. {$8.80}
  6. Black and white prints are totally on-trend this spring, and this dress from ASOS will keep you looking like you just stepped off the runway.  The black sparrow print and sleeveless cut keep it young and flirty, while the higher neckline saves you from revealing too much.  Wear it out for dinner and ice cream on the boardwalk with a pair of brightly colored flats or sandals.  {$43.85}
Cassie used to work for Vogue and spend Sunday mornings drinking English Breakfast Tea in her rooftop garden while updating her food blog, but then she woke up and realized she was late for her photojournalism class. Now she spends her time counting down to her May 2013 graduation from UGA and writing about food and fashion, because that's really all she's good at. If you have nothing better to do, you can follow her on Twitter here.