This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

One of our favorite members from 1D is finally making his big Voice debut this year, and we could not be happier for him. But now, hordes of Directioners cannot WAIT to showcase their singing talents in order to meet the man who is arguably the most wholesome member of the former boy band. Here are the best songs to really stun our bestie and make it onto the show!

“This town” — Niall Horan

This may seem weird to some people because it may seem embarrassing to perform Niall’s song in front of him. But here is the thing, not only is “This Town” a song to showcase strong vocals and a strong emotional range while singing, but if you make this song your own, you are golden!

“Lover” — Taylor swift

If there is one artist Niall loves to cover, it’s our favorite blondie. His cover of Lover is one that we will never stop thinking about, and it just shows how this song lends itself to new takes of originality. Showcase your own arrangement of this song, and you are on your way to meeting Niall!

“Landslide” — fleetwood mac

Fleetwood Mac is one of Niall’s biggest musical influences, and this song is one of my favorites. I love the emotional complexity and the lyrics of this song; I could listen to it for a million years and never get tired. I think this would be the perfect way to showcase your own emotional range.

“So Sick” — Ne-yo

One Directioners know where this one is coming from. Niall auditioned with this song for the X-Factor wayyyyy back in 2010 and it would be such a fun throwback to when Niall was on the other side of the stage. This would be a 10/10 experience, even if it’s just for the meme.

“Fool’s gold” — Niall Horan

This song is just so perfect. It literally is such a tearjerker and magic to my ears. I will never get tired of listening to this song. Perform this on The Voice because I just want to hear it. It is also one of Niall’s songs, so it’s perfect. 

“sign of the times” — Harry Styles

Vocals? Check. Emotions? Check. Step one to kidnapping and reuniting One Direction? Check. I am obsessed with the idea of blind auditioning for The Voice with this song, and I mean, it is just perfect.

Anyways for legal purposes, this entire article is a joke. If you do go on The Voice with any of these songs though, give me a shout-out when you are famous. I hope you enjoyed it!

Medhini is a first year student at UGA, majoring in Cell Biology, on the premed track, and minoring in the Classics. She listens to Taylor Swift 24/7, and loves to read. Follow her bookstagram @storyofusmedsversion!