This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

When WandaVision’s first episode aired, I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. At first, I was just excited for some new Marvel content, but as time went on, I became hooked on the storyline and finding Easter egg connections to other Marvel movies. It even inspired me to start a whole Marvel rewatch in chronological order (next up is Thor—I have a long way to go). Here are some of the things I loved the most about the series. Oh, and if you haven’t watched it (you should!), beware of spoilers for all episodes ahead.

Wanda’s Character Development

Giving Wanda some more personality was long overdue. It’s one thing to know that her parents were killed by a Stark bomb in their apartment building, but it’s another to see it. More than backstory, Wanda also grew as a person over the course of these eight episodes—she went from desolate and grieving to powerful and on the slow but steady road to closure.

Agnes/Agatha

I personally haven’t read any comics, but I had read some articles mentioning the possible connection between nosy neighbor Agnes and Agatha from comic lore. “Agatha All Along” is truly a bop (I mean, come on—who can pull off the word “perfidious” in a song? Only Kathryn Hahn). It’s also so satisfying whenever a villain gets a sufficient punishment for their crimes.

The Theme Songs

The second episode’s intro song gets stuck in my head…too much. It was so clever how the songs were all linked melodically but were uniquely based on the decade they were representing. We have the musical masterminds behind both Frozen and Coco, Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, to thank for these catchy songs.

Seeing More of Wanda and Vision’s Relationship

I mean, the flashback scene that gave us the quote “what is grief, if not love persevering?” is obviously a good one. WandaVision gave Wanda the space to process her grief and shed a light on just how important Vision was to her healing process.

Jimmy Woo Being Jimmy Woo

To think, Jimmy started as just a niche minor character from AntMan. Now look at him! He gained momentum on TikTok as people realized that Randall Park has been in, well, everything, but the character himself is a really funny guy. He bounces off of Darcy really well, too, which is ironic since I never would have imagined this particular meeting in all of the possible Avengers crossovers. Flourish!

The Possibilities for Future Marvel Content

I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to see where Monica’s newfound superpowers lead her. If the comics are a good indicator, it looks like we can add Photon to the superhero lineup. I also am still trying to puzzle out what exactly will happen with The Vision (a.k.a. White Vision) and Wanda in the future—she just got over him, but he just rediscovered all of the data about their relationship.

I could say more, but I’ll keep things (relatively) brief for now. Now the short wait begins for the next Marvel TV series, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, to premiere on March 19th on Disney+!

Laura is a fourth-year Communication Studies major with a Spanish minor at UGA. She spent a semester working at Disney and can say with confidence that lovebugs are not as great as the iconic Jonas Brothers song made them out to be.