Resources Every Novice Astrologer Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

A frequently used icebreaker at Her Campus UGA is “what’s your zodiac sign?” From there, our whole team dissolves into two groups: people who can discuss moon signs and those who don’t even understand their sun sign. If you’re in the later group but want to be in the former, here is a resource pool of places to learn more about astrology so you too can discuss your birth chart like a pro.

Astrology 101: From Sun Signs to Moon Signs, Your Guide to Astrology

If you’re into physical books, this is the one for you. It’s clear and easy to read and gets your feet wet on everything from sun signs to house placements. Once you read this beginners book, you can dive into more advanced topics. 

Cafe Astrology

If you are interested in reading your full birth chart (or making someone else read it), Cafe Astrology is the place to go. If you input your birthday, time of birth and place of birth, it will generate the chart of where the planets were when you were born. It also provides an in-depth description of what your birth chart placements mean. 

AstroStyle 

If you’re not into something so deep, but still want to understand Twitter memes about Gemini’s, read about all 12 signs on AstroStyle for a brief overview of traits associated with each sign that will get you in on the joke.

Astrology Twitters

If you’re an avid Twitter user who is interested in astrology, there are some great accounts you should follow. Not only do these accounts have great, well-explained threads, most of them are also willing to help you if you DM them. Some good ones are @astrobebs, @milkstrology, and @glossology.

Happy learning! 

Cover Photo by Neven Krcmarek on Unsplash.

Caitlyn is a fourth year student at the University of Georgia. She is pursuing a double degree in journalism and women's studies with a new media certificate and an interdisciplinary writing certificate. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UGA. Caitlyn spends her free time drinking tea, being a book worm, and imagining new fictional characters to write about.