Before and after shots for a pink hair dye product.
Original photo by Kate Green
Style > Beauty

4 Predicted 2021 Fall Hairstyle Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Lilly Moscovitz once said in The Princess Diaries, “Voltaire…hair. I would personally like to learn about Voltaire.” While we agree, sometimes we would rather talk about hair. Now is one of those times. With fall in full bloom and the world of trends beginning to grow, many new hairstyles are rising. Whether you are looking for a new hairdo or just looking for future inspiration, here is a list of 4 dos we predict to be popular this fall, based on trends we have seen on Pinterest and Instagram.

Face-framing highlights

While this look is always in style, we’ve been noticing a lot of women getting a stark contrast to highlight their faces. However, this is a broad hairstyle that works with any hair color! For example, if you are a brunette, getting blonde highlights to frame your face will make everything pop. 

Sassy Attitude GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Voluminous curls

For all our ladies with curls, this is your moment. We’ve been noticing lots of women shaping their curls into tight, concentric rings and making them big and voluminous! This style looks great with highlights too! Rock this with a short hairdo, and nobody will match your volume.

GIF by Kevin Hart: What Now? - Find & Share on GIPHY
vintage-fringe

This style gives retro-glam vibes. Not only are we obsessed with this look, it encompasses a sense of rock nostalgia that looks a little grunge but also put together. No matter how you style this look, you will be looking timeless. 

- Find & Share on GIPHY
red wine-colored hair

This look is so unique and fun! We love the burgundy red color over brunette or black hair. This red shade is perfect for fall and would look great with dark, deep lipstick hues.

Ariana Grande Mamacita GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
curtain bangs

Long or short, this look is undoubtedly bangin’. Not only do these bangs have unlimited style options, but they also frame the face nicely and are low-maintenance!  

Billie Eilish Fashion GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

No matter what look you pull off, remember that it’s only hair. Life is too short for dull locks, so play around! Have fun styling and happy fall! 

Caroline is a senior at the University of Georgia studying journalism and international affairs. One day, she aspires to be a copywriter, editor, or UX writer. She thoroughly enjoys writing, sushi, cats, coffee, and long walks to her refrigerator.