This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

I remember the day I saw you for the first time across the soccer field that one sunny day after school. I know you saw me, too, because we kept making awkward eye contact across the way. I remember telling my friends on my soccer team how cute you were and how I had never seen you before, despite having gone to the same school since 6th grade. I remember how I memorized your schedule so I could casually pass you in the hallway. I knew you had history in the morning, calculus for second period, and I could always catch you in the gym during lunch. I would go out of my way, take the long route to band class, just for the chance to awkwardly wave at you from afar. I remember the sheepish smile I’d give you, too nervous to actually speak to you. 

I remember the day you DM’ed me on Instagram for the first time. I was in Canada for a family wedding. The butterflies I got in my stomach when I got that notification were so surprising to me because I hadn’t felt that in quite a while. I remember us starting to text one another constantly. Every time my phone would light up, I would do the same. I remember when we finally agreed to meet up outside of school. You had asked me to take your senior pictures. I showed up at that park that day filled with anxiety that our in-person conversations wouldn’t be as lively as our texting ones. You surprised me that day. And continued to surprise me from then on.

I remember when we met up for a second time. We were going to do our calculus extra credit homework together. I remember the butterflies in my stomach as I walked into that Starbucks, my calculator in hand. I sat across from you, and we did one calculus problem before we were in an all-consuming conversation about literally everything. 

I remember texting my friends after our first “official” date to tell them all about it. I gushed about our many conversations of the night, the movie we saw, and the dinner we shared. I remember how nervous I was to hold your hand that night. I kept inching mine closer to yours, and the moment they touched felt like electricity. I remember how crazy fast I grew feelings for you. It felt too good to be true, and I kept doubting myself thinking maybe this was just a short-term thing. 

The thing about this crush is that nothing else mattered. Everything seemed to slow down when I thought about you, when I saw you, when I was with you. It was a feeling that was so unique to me. Looking back, it’s so special that I got to feel that because many people long for it. I’m just so lucky to have had it then, and to still have it now three years later with you. 

Ashley Rose Moore is a third year student at the University of Georgia studying International Affairs and Political Science, with a minor in Communications. She is passionate about photography, politics and her family. Her dream job is to be Political Analyst or Journalist at CNN.