My Go-To Playlist: Songs that feel like “Tongue Tied”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s summer time, you have the windows down and all of your friends are in the car. The situation has all the ingredients for a perfect coming-of-age movie, but no soundtrack. Well, I’m here to fix that! Here’s a compiled list of some of my favorite indie/pop songs for those perfect days – that aren’t Grouplove’s “Tongue Tied” (but emit the same vibes). 

“Sweet Talk” by Saint Motel

This is a song about a boy who’s madly in love with a girl, but she wants nothing to do with him. Sounds like a sad song right? Nope. This song’s upbeat tempo just makes me want to dance, and I can guarantee you will too!

“Oxygen” by MisterWives

“Oxygen” is my ultimate cool-girl song. The cool beat and the message about getting over a boy who very clearly broke her heart; I mean the vibes are immaculate.

“Talk Too Much” by COIN

“Talk Too Much” makes me laugh because I can relate to the lyrics. I mean, the singer sings about how he talks too much and can’t just let things happen because he’s anxious. But it all takes place in such an upbeat song that you can’t help but sing and dance along!

“Sunroof” by Courtship

“Sunroof” just feels like a summer beach day to me. The song is fun, energetic, and is best when paired with an open sunroof on a warm day!

“Window” by MAGIC GIANT

“Window”: although it starts off a little slower, it picks up as the song goes on. This song talks of a love so strong he just can’t seem to leave her alone and just needs to be with her, even if it’s 3 am and he’s at her window. (Okay, maybe that’s creepy, but it’s a good song I promise!)

“Love Me” by The 1975

“Love Me” got me through my junior and senior year of high school. Whenever I’d get annoyed at anything, I’d pop in my AirPods and listen to this song. It always made me feel a ton better, and I can promise it’ll be an absolute bop in the car with friends!

“SUPERBLOOM” by MisterWives

MisterWives again because how could I leave out this masterpiece! I love this song and the message behind it. You all deserve congratulations for all that you’ve gotten through in life! Blast it in the car for the ultimate “good vibes” experience.

Enjoy this happy little playlist! If you like it, I have many more on my Apple Music profile, @ashirose15! Happy Vibing!

Ashley Rose Moore is a third year student at the University of Georgia studying International Affairs and Political Science, with a minor in Communications. She is passionate about photography, politics and her family. Her dream job is to be Political Analyst or Journalist at CNN.