This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s iPhone season! I was due for an upgrade, so I picked up the brand-new iPhone 11. I’ve had an 8 Plus for the last two years, and I was ready for an edge-to-edge display and Face ID. Purple is my favorite color, now I have an iPhone in that color. The iPhone 11 got announced at Apple’s event on Sept.10 alongside the 11 Pro and Pro Max. Like last year’s XR— Apple’s bestselling iPhone—the iPhone 11 is the phone for everyone. It starts at $699 which is $50 cheaper than the XR and a full $300 to $400 cheaper than the Pro models, which makes it more appealing to those on a budget.

Apple made a great decision with naming this year’s iPhone naming system. The 11 sounds like a premium device whereas XR sounds like a budget phone (but there’s nothing wrong with that). Basically the only major differences between the 11 and the Pro is the name, the additional camera and the colors. Also, the Pro models have an OLED display while the 11 has an LCD display, but unless you’re into tech that’s not much of a difference. The 11 is a powerhouse and it’s so worth the upgrade especially if it’s your first time having a Face ID device.

I’ve had my iPhone 11 for a little over a week, and it’s a game-changer. Face ID is much faster and more efficient than Touch ID. It’s so much faster than the 8 Plus thanks to the A13 bionic chip. Also, I like not having a home button better than I thought I would. I’ve gotten used to the swipe gestures rather quickly, the speakers are amazing, the addition of Dolby Atmos making them loud and immersive. The battery life is no joke; this past week I’ve gotten up to 36 hours between charges so I no longer have to worry about my phone dying on me. Even without the third telephoto lens, it’s the best iPhone camera, and I can’t wait to do more tests. All in all, the iPhone 11 is the best iPhone for everyone. You’re getting a lot of bang for your buck and the colors this year are really pretty.

Hi, I'm Quincey Durham I recently started my first semester at UGA. I'm a journalism major and I love to write about all things entertaiment in my free time.