This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

This past Friday, Taylor Swift blessed us once again by releasing her first re-recorded track “Love Story”. Ever since she announced that she was going to re-record her old music, I spent a lot of time thinking about what songs in particular I’m looking forward to. With much difficulty, I narrowed down a list of my most anticipated re-recorded tracks. 

“Fifteen”

“Fifteen” is one of Taylor’s most relatable songs as a simple story about heartbreak and growing up. She originally released the song at eighteen, so I think hearing it now when she’s thirty-one will add an entirely new dimension to the song. Now that Taylor’s so much older and wiser, it will feel more like an older sister telling you that there’s so much more to life than the experiences you have at fifteen. 

“Dear John”

“Dear John” is, arguably, one of Taylor’s top five tracks. Everything from the lyrics to the production is absolute perfection, encapsulating one of the worst types of heartbreak possible. I cannot fully convey exactly how excited I am for Taylor’s new version of the iconic bridge. I mean, just thinking about her belting “I’m shining like fireworks over your sad empty town” gives me goosebumps. 

“Enchanted”

“Enchanted” is one of my all-time favorite Taylor Swift songs. It’s such a fairytale-like song, full of infatuation and the magic of being swept off your feet. As with “Love Story,” “Enchanted” captures a youthful and exciting portrayal of love that Taylor will only intensify in the new version.

“All Too Well”

I mean, come on. Re-recorded “All Too Well” is going to have more girls crying in their cars than Olivia Rodrigo’s “driver’s license.” Taylor’s voice has matured since the Red era, so I think I’m going to completely lose my mind when she screams, “You call me up again just to break me like a promise!” Plus, the original version of this song is ten minutes long. Can you imagine ten minutes of this beautiful insanity?

“The Last Time” ft. Gary Lightbody

“The Last Time” is the original “exile.” The latter focuses on miscommunications and misunderstandings that lead to a breakup, which I think is shown in “The Last Time” during the bridge, with the couple promising that their relationship will be different this time around. “The Last Time” is cruelly underrated—I really do think it’s one of Taylor’s best works, and I would absolutely love to hear a new version.

“Clean”

I feel that “Clean” has new meaning for Taylor since its original release in 2014. She released it before the entire Kim and Kanye debacle, before she had to completely shift her identity from being based on praise and validation from others. It wasn’t until after the 1989 era that Taylor really became “clean.” Hearing her sing it now will get me extra emotional.

Let’s be real—I’m looking forward to every single re-recorded track and to every single new release we’ll be getting from the vault! 2021’s going to be another fantastic year for Swifties, and I couldn’t be more excited.

Nimra studies International Affairs and Journalism at the University of Georgia. She's a first-generation Pakistani-American who loves reading, astrology, Taylor Swift, and daydreaming.