Male Delivery: Why didn’t he tell me he had a girlfriend?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Dear Male Delivery,

Hey! This guy and I were talking for a while. We got to the point where he knew that I liked him and I knew liked me. We were totally flirty. But then I saw pictures of him and another girl. Her comments on the pictures of them together were “look at my boyfriend” and references to them dating. Why would he tell me that he liked me and flirt with me if he had a girlfriend? Why wouldn’t he tell me that he had a girlfriend?

First of all, while you are stalking on his Facebook (it’s obvious you are and all girls do it), check the dates on the pictures and comments. Plus, check his relationship status.

All that social networking jargon aside, if all of these things point to a girlfriend, you now have one option. Dump that chump. He is doing a classic sleezeball move by weighing his options. It sounds like there is trouble at home for him and he’s on the prowl for quick and dumb fix. Needless to say, if his girlfriend finds out about it, you have got yourself into probably a very big domestic issue, where the fingers are pointing at you. Even if you are completely innocent, it is understood that girls can say the nastiest things to the object of their wrath (trust me, I know).

The reasoning to his behavior is almost too simple to explain as I mentioned earlier. He is tired of his girlfriend and he doesn’t have enough courage to drop her cordially, so he results to an even stupider conclusion, flirting with more girls.

I’m sorry you accidently fell into this bloated melodrama that is fit for the next MTV primetime hour and so quietly back out in order to avoid any further conflict. And please….please, please, please do not say, “Well, he is a nice guy.” If you don’t learn the untruth in that statement, then you’ll get closer and closer towards the title of “the girl whom he cheated with.”

Sincerely,

Your RCLG