Male Delivery: The Smoking Gun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Dear Male Delivery,

I love my boyfriend so much but sometimes I feel like he puts me second. He smokes weed all the time and I HATE it. He keeps saying he will stop but how long before I am forced to make him choose. What should I do? 

I am going to be as blunt as possible, not to offend you or your relationship but I feel you need to hear this from a  neutral party. YOU SHOULD BREAK UP WITH HIM. I’m sure he is a nice guy and everything, but when it comes to relationships you cannot be with someone who puts something as immature as smoking weed before you. I understand that you love him and that he is one of the most important things in your life, but you are obviously not at the top of his priorities list if he would rather get high than make you happy.

In every relationship, both people have to give up something to make the other person happy. I personally hate it, but I do it because I love the other person. They are more important to me than the thing I am giving up. I am not condemning smoking weed, but as an adult you should not have to deal with a boyfriend who chooses to get high when he knows that it is hurting his relationship. You are being put second to a municipal drug. Tell him that unless he stops right now you are done. Whether or not you mean it, the words will be true because if he doesn’t stop and you stay together you are going to eventually realize that you can do so much better than a pot-head. 

Got relationship problems? Guy issues? Love toubles you can’t talk about with your friends? Then ask Male Delivery! The advice is free and completely anonymous

Sophia Fredericksen is a junior at University of Georgia studying magazine journalism. She has written for a wide variety of publications including Her Campus Ohio University, College Fashion, Thread Magazine, and JAYE magazine. Now she is the Editor of Her Campus UGA. In her free time she enjoys reading fashion magazines, playing dress up, taking pictures and trying new food. She hopes to one day write for a fashion magazine in either New York or LA.