alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Local Events That Will Get You Pumped For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Fall is upon us once again. It’s time to pull out our comfiest sweaters, favorite pair of boots, and sip on some pumpkin spice lattes while watching the change of nature’s colors. It may not feel like fall quite yet, but here in Athens, that isn’t stopping the fun of celebrating with these 2018 local events!

Washington Farms

September 22-October 28

Washington Farms embodies every favorite childhood fall activity. Relive your favorite memories with pumpkin patches, corn mazes, sunflowers, wagon rides, and a campfire to snuggle up to.  Oh, and did I mention the center of the corn maze is in the shape of the Georgia “G”? Go Dawgs!

Zombie Farms

Every Friday and Saturday in October

Love a good scare? Then Zombie Farms is the place for you. 15 different horror sets, campfires, roasting marshmallows and storytelling are just a few of the activities included in your experience at Zombie Farms. There is even a haunted trail featuring “The Witch of Winterville” as the annual trail theme.

Athens History and Haunting Tours

October 11, 18, and 25

Calling all history buffs! Take part in the Athens History and Haunting Tours and learn more about our beloved ~spooky~ town. Athens is one of the oldest towns in America, and with that comes a long (maybe dark) history. Discover the old wives’ tales of Athens historic downtown and UGA’s North Campus. 

Boo-le-Bark on the Boulevard

October 14

Bark if you love Halloween! Boo-le-bark is a Halloween Costume parade… FOR DOGS. Enjoy food, music, (dog) costumes, and even bring your own dog! For a $20 fee, you and your dog can walk in the dog costume parade!

Wild Rumpus Halloween Parade

October 26-27

Combine Halloween with Mardi Gras and you get the Wild Rumpus Halloween Parade. Show up in your costumes and party with hundreds of other Halloween lovers. Street performers, live music and plenty of attractions to see, THE Halloween event of Athens. Not only is the event tons of fun, but the proceeds go directly to Athens Area Homeless Shelter.

Have fun, and happy Halloween!

Anna was born and raised in Georgia and is studying Communications Studies at the University of Georgia. Her favorite shows include Glee, New Girl, and Friends! After college, she hopes to move to New York and work in Public Relations or Event Planning. She loves to travel, write, and hang out with her friends.