Life After Spring Break As Told By Kevin Malone From ‘The Office’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Now that Spring Break is over, it’s time to try and get our lives together and finish the semester strong. Kevin Malone is an accountant at Dunder Mifflin Scranton (from The Office) and many people just overlook him and call him the “office idiot,” but he is perhaps the most relatable character on the show. Here are a few times when Kevin Malone sums up our lives after Spring Break.

When the professor asks a question

Some professors LOVE to call on you and ask questions leading up to the final exam. Whether or not you know the answer, being put on the spot can make you freeze. Kevin knows exactly how to handle this situation. If you feel like you actually don’t know the answer, then try to put in extra work so you can be prepared the next time the professor calls on you.

When we try to balance everything

With summer coming up and final exams, it’s a challenge trying to balance studying, exercise, mental health and everything in between. Even though you may be stressed trying to juggle everything, try using an agenda or a reminder app on your phone to keep track of all of the assignments and exams. You can find out what times will be best for you to study for which subject and when you can exercise or have free time.

When your study groups are distracted

After all the procrastinating we finally realize we need to get down to business and study hard. Study groups are great but sometimes you are the only one focused. Let them know that this isn’t the time for games!

When we have to force ourselves to eat healthy foods

That summer body will not be achieved by all of the junk food we may want to eat. If we want to eat healthier, we have to force ourselves to eat better! After a few weeks of eating right, junk food won’t even be appetizing to us.

When we want to do EVERYTHING except study

Although it may seem fun to do something you haven’t done in a while, such as play the drums, try thinking: are you doing it to get better or to avoid studying? Kevin doesn’t have to study, so he can do what he wants.

When we find ways to work smarter, not harder

Studying is so much better when you can come up with fun ways to remember stuff, even if it makes no sense to anyone else. Don’t spend too much time trying to remember a hard pneumonic device and forget it on the test. Just do what works for you. Work smarter, not harder!

When we can finally get that spring/summer glow

There’s still time to be your best self before the end of the semester. With the weather changing and that Spring Break beach glow, we can ditch the sweatpants and sweatshirts for class and feel better ourselves.

When we are tired of working out

There will be some times when you feel like the body of your dreams is not worth it and you want to quit. Even if it’s only been a day, you just have to keep going and persevere. Your future self will thank you!

When we are dreaming of Summer Break

Staying focused with all the studying, exercising and everything you want to do can seem like it’s all for nothing. Just keep dreaming of Summer Break as your reward for all the hard work!

When we achieve our goals

When it’s all over you get to have fun and dance like no one’s watching when you achieve your goals!

Good luck with the rest of this semester!

Brianna Mays is one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at UGA. She was born and raised in Gwinnett County, GA. She is a Terry Business Student majoring in Management: Human Resouces with a minor in Spanish and Fashion Merchandising.