This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The Primetime Emmy Awards are a magical time for television lovers. All of our favorite stars together in one place being celebrated for the writing, sound, direction and portrayals of our favorite stories. There’s a television show or celebrity crush for everyone, and no matter if your faves won or lost, it’s a special night nonetheless. Arguably the best part of award shows, for the audience at least, are the beautiful, extravagant and designed-just-for-them outfits. This year’s Emmy Awards left us speechless. Hollywood stays dressed to the nines and 2019 was no exception. Let’s look at just 10 of the Emmy’s gorgeous people because there simply isn’t enough time in the world to discuss them all! 

Emilia Clarke 

Emilia Clarke looked absolutely stunning in this classy black dress with a plunging neckline that looks like it was made for her and her alone. Her bold earrings are a statement piece, and she is absolutely killing the game with her long, straightened hair parted in the middle. She could’ve shown up in a plastic bag and we all would’ve loved it. She’s undeniably charming. The recently ended and beloved HBO show, Game of Thrones, received a lot of love at the Emmys and Emilia was all smiles and giggles. 

Phoebe Waller-Bridge 

PWB was queen of the Emmys as she juggled three of the golden awards. Her dress was beautiful and elegant. It stood out in its simplicity and light color scheme since bold colors and designs were common among the majority of the gowns. However, it was still unique with its subtle explosion of glitter on the bodice. She won awards for her writing and acting in Fleabag, which you can watch with an Amazon Prime subscription. She’s undeniably fabulous and seemed quite surprised at the amount of awards and praise she earned. You go girl!

Zendaya 

Zendaya has never put on an outfit that didn’t look absolutely incredible, and the Emmys were no exception. She rocked the socks off the tight-fitting, mesh bodice and bold green color. If you didn’t wish you were Zendaya before, you do now. She confidently wore her cute glasses on stage to present an award with RuPaul and successfully made us all obsess over her even more. Let’s not forget that she has gotten to play alongside Zac Efron and Tom Holland as their love interest. Everyone who saw her on the purple carpet couldn’t help but say, “Work it, smoochie!”

Joey King

Although her performance in Hulu’s The Act was Emmy-worthy, she did not win against her older female counterparts. But that’s totally okay! She’s young and has plenty of time to rack up those awards. She was so proud of her television mom, Patricia Arquette, when she received her award for Supporting Actress in a Limited Series, who gave Joey a shoutout in her speech. Joey looked stunning in her hot pink, floor length, strapless gown. Her short curly hair, which has been growing since the full-shave she did to play Gypsy in The Act, looked amazing. Our little Ramona Quimby is all grown up and strutting gracefully across the purple carpet.

Halsey 

Halsey’s cover of “Time After Time” for the Emmys “In Memoriam” segment was equally beautiful and emotional. Her voice was a perfect fit for the song and the occasion. Some of the most beloved people in the television industry who have passed away in the last year were honored by the video, including Luke Perry of Riverdale and Disney’s Cameron Boyce. Halsey took the honor seriously and performed her heart out. She also looked stunning in her textured blush pink dress that looked to be made of thousands upon thousands of stacked sequins. 

Michelle Williams 

Michelle’s structured floral dress along with her award-accepting speech were all anybody could talk about. She won the award for Best Actress in a Limited Series and gave a compelling speech about the realities of gender pay gap. She was applauded widely by her peers. She concluded her speech with a dedication to Matilda, her daughter with the late Heath Ledger. 

Susan Kelechi Watson and Mandy Moore

There are jokes all over the Internet about the Pearson families’ lack of communication about their Emmy outfits because these two This is Us beauties came to the Awards in practically the same dress! They both looked stunning and took the cutest pictures! Who knows, maybe they did it on purpose. Either way, they rocked the situation and enjoyed the night with their other costars. Mandy sat right beside her IRL husband and right in front of her TV husband, while Susan showed off her sparkling engagement ring. Season 4 of This is Us premieres Sept. 24! 

Sandra Oh

Sandra Oh looked oh-so-elegant in her bubblegum pink off the shoulder dress and curly updo. She worked the purple carpet and reacted gracefully and enthusiastically to losing the award she was nominated for by her costar, Jodie Comer. Emmy or not, everyone loves this actress in Killing Eve. Hey Sandra, can I borrow that dress sometime?

Sophie Turner

Big shocker, Sophie Turner looked perfect in her almost-pink satin-y dress and chunky necklace. Her makeup was flawless and those cheekbones are insane! Although the band is on tour, I was half-expecting her hubs, Joe Jonas, to be her arm candy for the night. She rocked the purple carpet solo and took part in the shows tribute to Game of Thrones, which finished its last season in the spring. This glorious gown was just another reason we’d all like to be Sophie Turner for a day! 

Milo Ventimiglia 

Listen, we understand that this picture of Milo does not show his handsome suit, but just trust us on this one. He looked GOOD! The most important thing that he brought to the purple carpet was his charm and obsession-worthy smolder that makes us all swoon. Although he wasn’t an award recipient, he was nominated for his portrayal of Jack Pearson and we are proud of him for that! We absolutely cannot wait to see our favorite smoldering dude being television’s most beloved dad in NBC’s new season of This is Us!

We can’t wait to see what outfits are worn next year!

Senior at UGA & an aspiring writer. Entertainment and Media major. I love Jesus, my family, Harry Styles, cozy blankets and getting emotionally attached to tv and movie characters.