Kristen Hackney: The Biggest Book Lover on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Kristen Faith Hackney is a 4th year English major who is graduating in May (turn up for her!) She’s from Winder, Georgia. With a sharp mind and an extensive knowledge of books, Kristen has gained many opportunities to put these skills to use. Keep reading to learn more about UGA’s biggest book lover and the Marketing and Publicity director of HerCampus UGA! 

Name: Kristen Faith Hackney

Major: English

What are some things you’re involved in on campus?  

I am the President and Founder of the Undergraduate English Association (UEA)

I got the idea to start UEA over Christmas break my Junior year when I was visiting with family and everyone kept coming up to me and asking, “What are you going to do once you graduate? Teach?” After the fourth time I was asked the same thing, I began thinking that I bet a lot of other people are or have gone through this. Then I got to thinking about all my peers and I decided that we needed an organization that was going to help English majors find their path to successful careers after graduation. I like to believe that I will be breaking the ‘English’ career stereotype and opening the eyes of all potential English majors, or English minors on the boundless possibilities that English offers. 

I am the Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus UGA 

What is your dream job?

Author, publicist for books and movies, literary agent, etc. I just love books and want to share my love for words with the world!

Favorite Book?

Oh my! There are so many. I obviously love the Harry Potter series, Twilight series, Pride and Prejudice, Perks of Being a Wallflower, etc. 

Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?

Patrick Dempsey (Derek Shepherd from Grey’s Anatomy) & Theo James (Four from Divergent series)

Erin Gilmore is a Georgia native, born and raised in Forsyth County. Since 2015, she has been attending The University of Georgia. She is majoring in Risk Management and Insurance and Advertising. She loves to learn new things and go on adventures with her friends. In her free time, she likes to hang out with her dogs, read and travel.