Kizmik McPherson: CAES Ambassador

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Junior Kizmik McPherson is a bright, enthusiastic and involved student at UGA. She also happens to be an Ambassador for the prestigious College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences at the University of Georgia, amicably known as the College of Ag.

“As an ambassador, the main thing is recruitment and networking. Ambassadors get to travel all around Georgia and recruit students to come and join. A lot of people hate agriculture, but don’t really understand that there are so many opportunities within this college that nobody really knows about. My job is to show students how great the college really is!”

Kizmik serves as one of the faces of the College of Ag. And since CAES is such an intimate college, Kizmik gets to enjoy other opportunities, not only as an ambassador, but as a student, as well.

“The networking is amazing within the College of Ag; not just as an ambassador, but as a student too. If it wasn’t for the position I hold within the college, I wouldn’t be able to meet important lawmakers and other officials who come support my school.”

When Kizmik isn’t recruiting for the College of Ag, she serves as the Community Service chair for the Eta Xi Chapter of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated and as the Ag Hill representative for MANRRS (Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences).