Kendall Lake: Coding and Communicating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Kendall Lake is a second year Journalism major with Spanish and Sociology minors and the New Media Certificate. Kendall hails from Marietta, Georgia and is one of our fabulous Campus Correspondents at UGA this year. Stay tuned to learn about how Kendall has forged a path to explore her passions while getting involved and having fun in the Classic City! 

What is your favorite Athens Restaurant? 

Trapeze

What are you involved in?

I’m one of the Campus Correspondents here at HC UGA, so I help manage our team, content, and social media.

I’m a member of First Book UGA, where I help promote literacy by helping with events in the Athens community and also volunteering at Learning Ally, where I record audiobooks for the dyslexic and visually impaired.

I write for The Chapel Bell, a positive press publication. Our namesake is after the bell on North Campus because we both represent hope, celebration and gratitude! 

I’m also now a part of the TEDxUGA family, and I’m so excited to help put on such an incredible event.

What are your future career plans?

I hope to someday work on the technological forefront of journalism. I love to write, but I also love learning technical skills like coding and exploring new developments like virtual reality. It’s very possible that the job I’ll be in when I graduate in three years doesn’t even exist yet, which is scary but thrilling.

What is one thing at UGA that has had a significant impact on experience?

Some people hate dorm life, but I loved it. Living in Myers Hall was amazing because my friends mostly lived in the same building, and people were always hanging out. I have many nights of memories from avoiding work in Conference Room C or crowding on the couches in the programming room.

What do you like to do for fun?

Other than hanging out with my incredible friends, I love to read, write, travel, and bake cookies.

What is the best song you’ve heard recently?

“All We Ever Knew” by The Head and the Heart

Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?

Jensen Ackles from Supernatural

Chinazor Offor is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Fashion Merchandising while seeking a certificate in New Media. You can usually find her dividing time between Her Campus UGA, watching game of thrones, and planning her move to sunny LA upon graduation. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter (@thechicrevolt).