This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Sitting with Jason Hafford at Jittery Joes in the MLC is an interesting experience. We talk about a class we’re in together, people on campus and other events going on. It wouldn’t seem like an unusual situation except for that fact that we are interrupted every two minutes by someone stopping by to say hey to Jason or schedule a future lunch date. He seriously must eat a lot of lunch. If you know him and you’re reading this, you’re probably laughing because you know how true that is. The nice thing is, he is genuinely involved in every conversation. He remembers things going on in each of his numerous friends lives and sincerely cares about how they are doing.

If you haven’t met Jason, you are among the few. If he wasn’t your orientation leader in 2009, it’s possible that he lead you on a campus tour while working at the visitor’s center. Maybe you studied abroad with him in South Africa in the summer of 2010 or in Greece in 2011. If none of those ring a bell, you might have seen him as an anchor for UGA NewSource or featured on UGA’s website as an Amazing Student.

His favorite experience through UGA has been the opportunities he has had to go abroad. Aside from his travels to South Africa and Greece with Global L.E.A.D., Jason also visited Havana, Cuba with a group of UGA grads and met with the United Nations Development Program to start quality of life support to children for the area last summer. His favorite memories as a student are a tie between the 2008 Gymnastics NCAA National Championship at Stegman Coliseum and the 2007 Auburn Blackout game. “It was the loudest I’ve ever heard Sanford Stadium and an absolutely incredible game!” says Jason.

It makes sense that some of his greatest memories took place at sporting events because he is currently interning at the UGA Athletic Association. Working as an entertainment intern for San Diego 6- The CW, last summer is an additional claim to fame Jason has on his very impressive resume. If you haven’t come across his path yet, you’re running out of time. He is graduating with a degree is Broadcast Journalism this month. In the future, he hopes to make an impact in the media industry. “I’d love to work to create more positive programming that highlights achievements and great things that people are doing around the world,” he says.

Jason shared a quote with me by Ralph Waldo Emerson that he finds inspiration in, “Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.”

“I try to be enthusiastic in everything that I do,” Jason says, “If you can’t get excited about something and give it your all then it’s not worth doing.” He is excited to move out to Los Angeles and find a job after graduation. And no matter how things turn out in the future, I think it’s safe to say Jason has made the most of his time here in the Classic City. We are all expecting great things!

Sophia Fredericksen is a junior at University of Georgia studying magazine journalism. She has written for a wide variety of publications including Her Campus Ohio University, College Fashion, Thread Magazine, and JAYE magazine. Now she is the Editor of Her Campus UGA. In her free time she enjoys reading fashion magazines, playing dress up, taking pictures and trying new food. She hopes to one day write for a fashion magazine in either New York or LA.