Jamilla Johnson ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

NameJamilla Johnson

YearJunior

HometownAustell, GA

Major: Marketing major, Music Business certificate

Campus involvements: President of The Professional Entertainment and Sports Association (PESA), member of UGA Hoop Girls Basketball Marketing Team

Relationship StatusSingle

What made you decide to come to UGA: I fell in love with the beautiful campus and how much school spirit everyone one had– both current students and alumni!

Professional aspirations: In the future, I see myself working as an agent in the entertainment industry. I aspire to hold an executive position in one of the world’s top entertainment agencies, working to get deals signed for celebrities in sports, music, fashion, and/or film.

Favorite Campus Spot: The Founder’s Garden is definitely my favorite spot! The soothing ambiance allows me to clear my mind and erase all vibes of negativity. It’s great.

Favorite UGA memory: Without a doubt, my favorite memory was winning the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity’s Stroll Like an Alpha contest with all of my best friends! All the hard work and practice was so worth it.

Favorite hobbies/activities: I love to paint my nails with creative colors and designs, watch NBA basketball games, discover new music, and play with dogs!

Ideal weekend: My ideal weekend would consist of a payday Friday where I treat myself to something nice from the mall, an exciting Saturday where I look forward to a night with music, dancing and fun with friends, and a relaxing Sunday where I do nothing but cook with my roommates and sit on our extremely comfortable couch while watching TV. Oh, and the most ideal part about every morning is getting to sleep in!

Ideal date: If a guy took me to a Chicago Bulls basketball game and then dinner at a rooftop restaurant overlooking the skyline of the city, I would be ecstatic! That’s not too much to ask for, right?

What inspires me: My parents. Everything I do now is so I can be able to spoil them in the future with everything their hearts desire.

My must-have fashion piece: I love scarves! Especially infinity scarves. They can change the mood of any outfit and can be worn throughout the year.

Brianna is a fourth-year student majoring in magazine journalism at UGA.
A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter