How to Keep It Classy on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Want to keep it cute without going with lingerie for Halloween? Try these tips to keep it classy while avoiding the full on Corpse Bride look.

Sexy Cover up

Opting to purchasing a “sexy” costume? Try adding tights and spandex shorts (like bloomers!) This way you keep it covered but still get to go with that already adorable store bought costume.

Buy a dress

If you don’t want to dress up an ordinary Halloween costume, try adding accessories to an already cute dress! Recycle your game day dress with ladybug antennas or add a hat or prop to a simple but chic dress in a bold color. Accessorizing is a super cute way to get creative with your costume and have something no one else will be wearing.

Mix it up

Having trouble coming up with something original? Go through the dress up box or thrift store. You’ll find some great unique costume pieces. Pair with some modern wardrobe flair and you’re good to go!

Happy Halloween!

Caroline is a first-year at the University of Georgia and is currently a pre-journalism major. She grew up in Istanbul, Turkey but also loves the city of Athens, Georgia. When she's not writing Caroline enjoys heart-to-hearts over coffee, spontaneous misadventures, dancing to whatever is on the radio, and posting on her own personal fashion blog. If you want to get to know her some more you can follow her on Twitter! @carolinerenee21
A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter