Happy Fall Y’all: Your All-Inclusive October 1st Checklist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

It’s October 1st, and you know what that means: time to break out the pumpkin spice and apple pie because fall is here. As someone who has made it their mission to appreciate all things fall as much as possible, I know firsthand that it can be overwhelming when you think about all the fall-inspired activities coming your way. Have you planned your apple picking adventure? Is that Halloween costume ordered? Where are the designated porch-pumpkins? Incredibly stressful, I know. That’s why your personal Spook-Stylist is here to make sure all your scarecrows are stuffed and your lanterns are lit. Here’s your all-inclusive October 1st checklist to kickstart your fall.

To-Do List: October 1st Edition

1. Unpack the fall decor
2. Make that Hobby Lobby run
3. Light those autumn-inspired candles
4. Acquire a substantial amount of apple cider
5. Don your coziest sweater
unpack the fall decor

That’s right—it’s time to dust off that witch hat and hang those bat-lights up. Pumpkins? Gourds? That random plastic cornucopia your third-cousin gave you 5 years ago? Get them all out. October calls for the big guns.

make that hobby lobby run

Maybe I’m just biased, but my go-to place for all things fall (and Christmas, but we’ll get to that article in a few months) is Hobby Lobby.*

*who, by the way, are having a 40% off sale on all fall decor…just saying…

light those autumn-inspired candles

Everyone knows that the best candle scents are the ones inspired by fall-staples. Think apple pie, snickerdoodle cookies, and warm cider. If you haven’t been stocking up over the past year, make sure you pick up one (or five) on your Hobby Lobby trip.

acquire a substantial amount of apple cider

Fun fact about me: every fall, I drive three and a half hours to the mountains so I can (a) pick apples and (b) buy a gallon or two of homemade apple cider. Worth it? Definitely.

don your coziest sweater

Yes, yes, we live in Georgia, so I know that the weather goes through all four seasons in one day, I know. However, here at the University of Georgia, we are nothing if not persistent, so put on your comfiest, coziest sweater and shame that heat until it disappears ’til spring!

Make sure to knock each of these off your to-do list and give this season a fall-tastic start! And just in case you need a soundtrack to go with your October errands, check out this Halloween-inspired playlist crafted by one of HC UGA’s very own! Happy haunting!

Presley is a senior at the University of Georgia and one of the Campus Correspondents for her Her Campus chapter. She is pursuing a double major in criminal justice and psychology, as well as a minor in Italian, and she hopes to attend law school after graduation. She plans to someday become a criminal prosecutor. When she's not binge-watching Law and Order, she's studying languages, literature, or music.