Cara Difabio-Girl Looking At The Side Fall
Cara Difabio / Her Campus

Four Ways to Up Your Instagram Game this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The leaves and air are quickly turning crisp, which can only mean one thing. Fall is around the corner (right after a few more sporadic summer days), and it’s the perfect time to up your Instagram game. Don’t know where to start? We’ve got you covered with five fool-proof ways you can become the Insta baddie of your dreams.

Teach yourself how to be your OWN photographer significant other.

For years, there has been an urban legend circulating the allusive photographer significant other… You know the one, who is ready at your disposal to take the cutest pictures of you wherever you go. We can all agree that those are super rare to actually find, but that doesn’t mean your Instagram game has to suffer. Here’s an easy tip: set up your phone camera somewhere, and instead of taking timed photos, press record. Then you can switch up your poses for the camera and afterward take screenshots of your favorite freeze-frames (candid or not), and you’ll end up with some super cute Instagram pics—without the need to make someone be your photographer. Plus, you can avoid how awkward it can feel to pose in front of others.

Start commenting on pictures that aren’t just your closest friends.

Everyone’s got their close friend circle who always comment on one another’s pictures for that good ole moral support, but you’d be surprised at how much you could make someone else’s day by complimenting their pictures too! You know how that girl you went to pre-k with who you haven’t seen in years just dyed her hair the coolest shade of blue?… LET HER KNOW HOW DOPE IT LOOKS!

Take advantage of the changing seasons in your pictures.

Now is the perfect to time to have a color scheme on your page. Take advantage of the cute fall scenery and your even cuter fall fits to completely transform your Instagram theme for the next few months. And if you’re on campus you can check out this list of UGA Photo Spots from a Professional Photographer for some great Instagram Photoshoot spots for the fall season.

Finally have your dream Halloween Costume Photoshoot.

Although we aren’t going to be enjoying many fun Halloween festivities this year for obvious safety reasons, there is a benefit to this that may not have crossed your mind. This year is the PERFECT time to finally get that super cool Halloween look for your Instagram. Think about it, you have ample time to get dressed-up and get your makeup on point for whatever the costume of your dreams is, and for once, comfort and wearability doesn’t matter. Since we won’t be attending any Halloween parties or trick or treating this year, you can dress up in the most inconvenient and extravagant outfit that you’d like for the sole purpose of taking pictures. And for extra added fun, you could spend your Halloween morning perfecting the fit and getting the perfect pictures to post that night.

Just because we aren’t going to have the fall season of our dreams doesn’t mean we can’t have the fall Instagram pages of our dreams. We know you’ve been wanting to take some cute pictures… this is your sign to get up and do it!

Hannah is currently a Fisheries & Wildlife major pursuing a certificate in Environmental Education. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she can usually be found watching TikToks or looking at animals somewhere.