This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The D23 Expo was last weekend, and they made quite a few announcements about the upcoming Disney streaming service coming on Nov. 12, 2019. There are so many reasons to be excited about this. We’ll finally be able to access all of our nostalgic Disney Channel shows and movies, like Kim Possible and Cadet Kelly in one place. There will also be sections including every single Star Wars, Disney princess, and Marvel movie ever created, so you’ll have a lot of content to procrastinate with before finals. It honestly feels too good to be true.

With that said, there are also many new shows and movies limited just to Disney+. Here are some announced over the weekend to get excited about. 

Lady and the Tramp Live-Action

D23 dropped the trailer for the live-action Lady and the Tramp over the weekend, and I have to say that it looks really good. I, like many people, haven’t been a huge fan of all the live-action movies Disney has been producing lately, but I’m excited about this one. It looks like a charming rendition of a classic movie. This film will be available on Nov. 12, 2019, the day Disney+ releases.

Lizzie McGuire Reboot

Aaah, the thing we never knew we needed. I, like many others, were shocked and excited when Hillary Duff announced that she was reprising her role as Lizzie McGuire in an upcoming reboot. A release date hasn’t been announced, but Duff described it as her iconic character taking on her thirties.

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

There has been talk about a High School Musical 4 for years, and I have to be honest, I’ve never been a fan of the idea. As someone who was obsessed with the songs and movies growing up, the idea of a High School Musical without Troy and Gabriella seemed horrible. I should have given Disney credit because this reboot looks hilarious. It’s a scripted show about a group of teenagers who are putting on the High School Musical play at their school. I’m all for a “Mockumentary” style show. The trailer makes it seem like a fun watch.

Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk

I’m a gigantic Marvel fan, and like most MCU fans, I was pumped about the limited-series shows announced at Comic-Con a few weeks ago: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Loki, What if?, and WandaVision. All of these shows will be canon to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and are bringing back characters we thought we wouldn’t see again like Loki and Peggy Carter, who will be playing Captain Carter (or Captain Britain) in the show What If?.

With all these exciting series in the works, everyone was surprised that three new MCU shows were announced. The one I am most excited about is Ms. Marvel, who was the first Muslim American superhero to ever be featured in a comic. I’ve read the comic book series and I found that it related so much with my life growing up as a Muslim in America, which is why this announcement was particularly special for me. Ms. Marvel, aka Kamala Khan, has the ability to morph her body, so she’s basically Elastigirl, Mystique, and Ant-Man Combined. 

The second MCU show announced was Moon Knight. I don’t know much about him, but I’ve read that he’s a detective whose strength and abilities change based on the Lunar Cycle. It’s an interesting concept that I’m excited to view.

The third announcement was She-Hulk, which will apparently be about Bruce Banner’s cousin, who receives a blood transfusion from the Hulk himself. This hopefully means that Mark Ruffalo makes an appearance, but we’ll see where that goes. Release dates haven’t been announced yet, but we probably won’t see anything until 2022, after the other MCU series have been released.

Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe

Another very happy surprise. I thought that Phineas and Ferb ended with that finale of them going off to college, but I guess the story is not over. I have no idea what this movie entails, but I’m sure it’ll bring back the feeling of summer as winter approaches.

The Mandalorian

Star Wars is one of Disney’s biggest franchises, and you can bet that I’m going to binge-watch all three trilogies before Episode IX comes out in December. With that said, there is another big Star Wars-related movie coming exclusively to Disney+, and that is The Mandalorian. Even if you aren’t the biggest Star Wars fan, you were bound to see this trailer trending all weekend. The film is about a “lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy.” 

Noelle

Disney is following the Netflix bandwagon of creating cheesy Christmas movies for us to watch in December. Anna Kendrick stars as the daughter of Santa as she tries to help her brother to follow in their father’s footsteps. 

Fox Movies + Add Ons

The Walt Disney Company buying Fox Entertainment was big news last year. They will now be able to stream big box office Fox movies like The Sound of Music and Anastasia. While Disney didn’t officially announce reboots of Fox movies at the D23 Expo, there has been talk of plans for a Home Alone remake and Nick Robinson narrating a Love, Simon show on Disney+. Disney has a lot more content to work with, so there will be a lot of shows and movies outside of Disney Animation available to us.

I’m sure there will be more announcements to come for the Disney Streaming service, but those were the biggest new movies and films announced during the D23 Expo. Which one are you most excited about?

Triasha was born and raised in metro-Atlanta. She is majoring in Psychology and hopes to work with children with disabilities after graduating. She's a huge nerd and is super into books, Broadway shows, and superhero movies. She loves to write and runs a blog (makingmyway.co) and dreams of traveling to more countries than her grandfather (47 and counting)