Deja White: Laughing Her Way to a Bright Future

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Fourth year Deja White hails from Stone Mountain, Georgia. While pursuing a degree in mass media arts and a certificate in new media, Deja manages to watch everything and anything in the television space. When she’s not laughing hysterically, you can find her marathoning a new television obsession. We can all learn a thing or two about doing what we love and discovering our passions. Keep reading to get a look inside the mind of this super smiley collegiette! 

What was your favorite childhood TV show and why?

Why are you doing this to me? This is literally impossible for me to decide, so I phoned a friend. According to my mom and sister, the shows that I couldn’t stop watching were “Kenan & Kel” and “Degrassi.” Comedy is life, and without laughter are you really living? LOL, that’s why I loved “Kenan & Kel.” I’m always here for drama, and “Degrassi” had so much of it, and the story developed in a way that I could relate to, so that’s why I couldn’t stop watching it.

What are you involved in?

The Professional Entertainment & Sports Association, UGA Nourish International, Grady College Ambassador, The Peabody Student Honor Board, Gamma Sigma Sigma.

What’s your dream job?

I have two! Programming Director for a major network; or a UI/UX Designer.

What is one thing at UGA that has had a significant impact on your experience? 

UGA Impact! I’ve done 3 trips, and I honestly can say that the people that you meet and the volunteer experiences that you have are unforgettable. I love service and I love meeting new people, so I couldn’t ask for a better experience. 

What is something that you want to tell the readers?

In the words of the GOAT, Logic (Hip-Hop Artist), let everything that you do be in the spirit of “Peace, Love, and Positivity.”

What do you like to do for fun?

I love anything that will keep me engaged and moving. So activities like hanging out with friends, going to amusement parks, ice skating, the arcade, etc.

What is the best song you’ve heard recently?

So shameless plug, I have a “Currently Addicted To” playlist on Spotify (go follow it now! LOL), and I have a steady rotation of songs on there that I can’t stop listening to. One of the most recent additions to the playlist, and the one that I can’t get out of my head is “Love at Night” by Austin Mahone. 

Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?

Honestly it changes every week, but I’d say that most of the time it’s either Michael “BAE” Jordan or the bae Keith Powers.

Chinazor Offor is a senior at the University of Georgia majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Fashion Merchandising while seeking a certificate in New Media. You can usually find her dividing time between Her Campus UGA, watching game of thrones, and planning her move to sunny LA upon graduation. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter (@thechicrevolt).