Life > Academics

Cutting Back on Procrastination from a fellow Procrastinator

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

After an exhausting day of back-to-back classes, it’s easy to kick back and not think about work due the next morning. However, with midterms and endless assignments swarming every student’s schedule, it is detrimental to fall behind on your class work. As a fellow procrastinator, I have grown accustomed to finishing my homework last minute and even mere seconds before the deadline. I have learned a few tips that could be helpful to any student struggling to finish their assignments. Here are just a few of them!

stay organized

By keeping an agenda or utilizing an online app such as Notion, you can keep yourself on track with all of your assignments. Having a to-do list every day helps you cross off your completed assignments and will bring you the satisfaction of seeing what you’ve accomplished on paper.

keep your goals straight

There’s nothing more motivating than setting a goal and finishing it. Although it may seem unobtainable or unnecessary, creating a goal will not only put you on track toward something but also give you the ability to think about the future. Goals boost motivation!

reward yourself

It is important to take breaks in between study sessions and reboot your system with food and naps. Setting up rewards after finishing assignments is a great way to keep yourself going. When you neglect to take breaks, you will end up feeling unmotivated later on.

Finishing an assignment can be just as difficult as starting one, but it is important to stay on top of schoolwork to avoid falling behind. It can be easy to get off-task and prioritize your social life over your academic workload; however, remember that you are the root of your success. You cannot achieve much without putting in the time and effort needed. Regardless of any assignment that you put out, trying your best is what matters most.

Thaomy is a Management Information Systems and International Business Co-Major with a minor in Arabic. She is deeply interested in skincare, media entertainment, community service and creative writing. Additionally, she enjoys online shopping, watching kdramas, reading as well as writing fictional stories.