Cuffing Season Playlist: Childish Gambino Love Songs For Every Situation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

For those of you looking for a sound track for the cuffing adventure you are about to embark on, here are some melodic tones brought to you by Childish Gambino. Enjoy, laugh, cuff. 

CULDESAC (2010)

#5 So Fly: “You are the bestest, I will obey you.” 

When you want to say: There is no else in the world who is cooler than you.

CAMP (2011)

#5 Letter Home: “You are the only girl that I have every wanted. Every other girl is trying to be you.”

When you want to give: The shortest and sweetest song on the entire album.

BECAUSE THE INTERNET (2013)

#6 II.Shadows: “Love me better, kiss me back, listen more.”

When you want to do: A lazy day and just #NetflixandChill.

#7 III. Telegraph Ave. (“Oakland” by Lloyd): “Can we just roll with the feelings, can we just roll for a minute.”

When you need them to know: Hi, my name is _____ and I enjoy long walks on the beach, car rides, and listening to Gambino.

#12 I. Flight of the Navigator: “Just hold me close my darling.”

When you are questioning: If they are the one.

#17 I. Pink Toes (feat. Jhene Aiko): “There’s no way, I can stray, gotta stay with someone like you.”

When you want: Something new the two of you can do together– perhaps something new and a little reckless.

KAUAI (2014) 

#2 Pop Thieves (Make it Feel Good) [Feat. Jaden Smith]: “Now that we have found this love baby, these hater’s can’t say s***.”

When you know you have something real: For the new and improved Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

#3 Retro [Rough]: “You can be the moon to me and I can be your spotlight.”

When you just need something: Top Secret – For your ears only.

#5 Poke (feat. Steve G Lover): “Cause those summer days never fade away, they just stay the same in my mind.”

When you don’t want it to end: Sweet memories of a summer fling.

STN MTN (2014)

#8 U Don’t Have to Call (prod. Ludwig): “Quiet, confident, I talked to her. She came with you, but she left with me.”

When you want to know: But then again, you don’t want to know.

PHAROS (2016)

To be continued…