This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Broad City made its season four debut this past Wednesday and shattered all expectations. 

The Amy Poehler produced, Comedy Central show is so on point that it has already been picked up for a fifth season. The show can be best described as a modern-day feminist-style Seinfeld; in other words, it mimics Seinfeld’s “show about nothing” philosophy.

The newest episode takes place in the usual NYC atmosphere, but shows two alternate universes side by side of how the two protagonists met back in 2011. In one universe, Abbi’s (Abbi Jacobson) roommate’s boyfriend, Bevers, is unusually thin and kind and in the other, Ilana (Ilana Glazer) and Abbi are told by a psychic that they will die that very same day. The take-away at the end of the episode is that Abbi and Ilana are true soul mate BFFs in any possible universe. At one point, Abbi’s ponytail is cut off by a strange balding man and the duo are hit by a city bus toting a Donald Trump advertisement. The show doesn’t always make sense, and it doesn’t have to, the point is to just have a good time watching it.

The show is, as usual, an unpredictable comical take on millennial life. With pizza, pot and the not-so-subtle political commentary the show is as relevant as ever. As for the rest of the season, we can expect frequent insane guest stars, obscure plot lines and laugh-out-loud comedy. 

Sam is getting her degree in Film Studies at UGA. She hopes to continue writing entertainment reviews and comedy nonsense after graduation. She's always got a latte in hand and can be seen practicing handstands all around campus.