Brianna Garcia: Omega Tau Founder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

From sunrise to sunset Brianna Garcia is constantly on the go. It’s not that the sophomore from Maryland can’t sit still (she’ll tell you that there’s nothing she loves more than hanging out with her friends and listening to good music), it’s that she’s heavily involved with her school work, extracurriculars and making a daily trip to Ramsey. Despite her hectic schedule, she’s made time to become the founder of Omega Tau and help other students interested in occupational therapy follow their dreams.

HC: Can you tell us what you are involved in at UGA?

BG: Last semester I decided that UGA needed a pre-professional club for those who wanted to pursue a graduate degree in occupational therapy. With the help of two other students, I started Omega Tau, the pre-occupational therapy club, and became the president. In addition to this club, I have also been involved with Autism UGA, Relay for Life and UGA Heroes.

HC: What goes into being the president of the pre-Occupational Therapy Club?

BG: Being president of this club ensures that all logistics are taken care of. The officers and I work together to plan meetings and manage the club. We also hold meetings for our members and other students to introduce them to the profession and prepare them for graduate school. Occasionally, we plan for professional speakers to come in and talk about their experiences. We are hoping to help other students with their career track by providing graduate school information and giving them an outlet where they can network and meet other students with similar career interests.

HC: How do you balance school, activities and a social life?

BG: I try not to get too overwhelmed and keep my stress level at a minimum. It keeps me focused on all of my tasks so that I can accomplish them efficiently. By not allowing myself to get stressed, I still have plenty of time outside of school and extracurriculars.

HC: What are your future plans?

BG: My plans are to attend graduate school for occupational therapy, hopefully at Colorado State University. After earning a degree and obtaining a license, I am hoping to work with children with developmental disorders.

This one time I was in Cannes, France I saw Matthew Mcconaughey and his beautiful wife sipping drinks near the bar.