The Bests and Worsts: SAG Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Sunday January 29th was the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. The SAG’s are a chance for the stars to dress up and practice their acceptance speeches before the Oscar’s. These were the best and worst dressed stars of the night:

The BEST

Lea Michele: From School Girl to Sex Kitten
Lea ditched the schoolgirl look that Rachel Berry usually portrays on Glee and looked stunning in Versace.
Angelina Jolie: Never Fails
When is she not on the best dressed list? Black is in, no one can deny, this perpetual mother of the year looks hot in this Jenny Peckham gown.
Julie Bowen: Most Class
The modern family star looked like perfection in this purple Temperly Dress. Elegant, Chic, and of course modern.
Sophia Vergara: Best Curves
It was hard not to notice Sophia in this Marchesa gown. It was the perfect color for her skin tone and framed her enviable curves perfectly.
Stacy Keibler: Best Lace
One of my favorite dresses of the night, George Clooney’s girl looked absolutely stunning in this black lace Marchesa gown.
Emily Blunt: Best Color
The emerald color of this Oscar de la Renta gown is absolutely amazing. Emily was full of class on the carpet. 

The WORST

Kristen Wigg: So Close
Love the dress, Love her but WHAT is around her neck? If she would have just removed her choker collar, she would have been a best dressed celeb for sure in this nude Balenciaga gown.
Maria Menounos: Dominatrix?
This too tight bustier dress looked like it would be more appropriate for the bedroom.
Busy Phillips: Beach Babe
Busy always looks pretty, but she looks dressed for a taping of Laguna Beach, not the SAG Awards.
Heather Morris: BatGirl
Heather is too gorgeous to waste an event on this dress. We can’t decide what is supposed to be going on here and unfortunately the next Batman movie does not come out for several months.
Kaley Cuoco: Little Bo Peep
While the sweetheart top is flattering and adorable, the pale color mixed with the ball gown bottom give it a very tooth-fairy feel. Looks like Kaley didn’t get the Big Bang she was hoping for.  

What were your favorite looks from the SAGs? What were your least favorite looks?

Sophia Fredericksen is a junior at University of Georgia studying magazine journalism. She has written for a wide variety of publications including Her Campus Ohio University, College Fashion, Thread Magazine, and JAYE magazine. Now she is the Editor of Her Campus UGA. In her free time she enjoys reading fashion magazines, playing dress up, taking pictures and trying new food. She hopes to one day write for a fashion magazine in either New York or LA.