This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

As midterm season is coming up, the need for good study spaces plagues all students. The weather is finally warming up, and with that, the desire to study outdoors is thriving. UGA hosts so many beautiful outdoor spaces that are perfect for your studying needs, and here are some of my favorites!

Myers Quad

Myers Quad is such a perfect place to study as the weather warms up. Surrounded by three residence halls, the area has a lot of foot traffic, but on a warm day, it’s the perfect place to roll out a blanket and just knock out some homework. The quad is also close to two dining halls — Snelling Dining Commons and Oglethorpe Dining Commons — which are a great convenience if you get carried away with your studying and realize it is lunch or dinner time. 

Plant Sciences AMphitheater

If you do any studying in the MLC, consider this less bleak location. Just behind the massive building is an amphitheater, with wide steps perfect to sit back and relax while doing your homework or studying. The area is quiet, with few interruptions, so it is a great place to study.

North Campus

North Campus is such a beautiful place, with its neoclassical architecture and large green spaces. The North Campus Quad, in front of the Main Library, has large trees that provide nice shade, making it easier to see your laptop screen. It’s a great place to roll out a blanket and study. Additionally, if the outdoors get too buggy, or a campus chipmunk tries to attack you, the Main Library and Law Library are right there, and also offer beautiful study spaces. Additionally, Herty Field behind Moore Hall is a great space to study. The gurgling fountain provides nice white noise, with lots of benches to sit and study in peace. North Campus is definitely a place you don’t want to miss in the spring!

DW Brooks Mall

This area may sound a bit unfamiliar, but it is the area right behind the pharmacy building and the Science Learning Center. The area hosts a long stretch of grassy lawns that are great for studying and doing work. If you get out of a class in the SLC or any other building in that area, you can just head right out and work on studying with your friends. It’s convenient and a great place to get some work done.

Lake Herty

UGA has a lake right near the intramural fields that is absolutely gorgeous during the springtime. It is a bit far from the main parts of campus and the residence halls, but it is so beautiful. If the mood hits you, especially on the weekend, it is a great place to picnic and study for a few hours!

UGA has so many wonderful outdoor spaces that one list can’t catch all the wonderful places to study outside here. There are so many little nooks that are perfect little spaces to study, and I find myself discovering new places to study every day. These are just some of my favorites, but I cannot wait to find more. Happy Studying!!!

Medhini is a first year student at UGA, majoring in Cell Biology, on the premed track, and minoring in the Classics. She listens to Taylor Swift 24/7, and loves to read. Follow her bookstagram @storyofusmedsversion!