This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Football season is officially over, and so the wait for next season begins for those of us football-obsessed women. Own it, and be proud! I, for one, love football season, and the months without football games seem to drag. My Saturdays and Sundays are longer and slower, and the weekends overall can feel lost without big plans because there is no game to center them around. But, all good things do come to an end, so we will wait patiently.

On Sunday, the Eagles defeated the Patriots in the Super Bowl, so until next season, let a little humor remind you that indeed everything is not always about football. Here are four of the best memes to come out of this year’s Superbowl game.

1. Before the game, the New England Patriots’ quarterback Tom Brady entered wearing an interesting outfit choice that was certainly noticed. His picture immediately circulated on Twitter, and people used it to make fun comparisons.

Photo source found here.

2. Justin Timberlake performed this year’s infamous half-time show, during which he entered the stands and was caught taking a selfie with a 13-year-old boy. In the age of social media, this little boy might just be remembered longer than Justin Timberlake for his interest (or lack thereof) in this opportunity he had.

Photo source found here.

3. One of the biggest plays of the night came in the form of a trick play where a pass was thrown to Tom Brady, something that is hardly seen. Tom Brady was not able to successfully catch the pass; however, a few plays later, the Philadelphia Eagles tried the same play with their quarterback, Nick Foles, and he did catch the pass. This was a game-changing moment in the football game, and in the world of memes.

Photo source found here

4. Lastly, arguably one of the best commercials of the night starred Eli Manning and the New York Giants. Tom Brady has been to the Super Bowl eight times with the Patriots, and of his appearances, he lost twice to the Giants. According to this meme, he lost again to Eli.

Photo source found here.

So, if you’re sad that the season is over, have a laugh at these memes, and remember that everything does not revolve around football all the time.

Cover Photo by Adrian Curiel on Unsplash

My name is Marlee Middlebrooks, and I am a May 2018 graduate of the University of Georgia. I was a dual degree student and earned my Bachelor of Arts in journalism as well as my Bachelor of Arts in communication studies. While in college, I was the Editor in Chief of UGAzine, a feature writer for Her Campus at UGA and a beat reporter for The Red and Black. I believe in the power of storytelling. I believe stories truly allow each of us to find a way to connect with one another. When I’m not telling stories, you can definitely find me in the Chick-fil-A drive thru or catching up on the current reality TV craze—my all time favorite show being Survivor.