Best Lines from “Game of Thrones” That We Are Going To Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

The final season of Game of Thrones has finally come, and we are not ready for it to end! This show has influenced many lives throughout its eight-year run. It kept us invested even though it has broken our hearts multiple times, it kept us hopeful and it has immersed us in a world in which we can escape our own for at least an hour a week. GOT is arguably one of the best shows on a streaming platform, and what comes with a great show are great lines. Here are the some of the most unforgettable amazing lines of Game of Thrones that has time and time again given us life!

Quotes during moments of honor and bravery:

1. “Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.” -The Night’s Watch oath

2. “Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

3. “What is dead my never die.” – Theon Greyjoy

4. “A Lannister always pays their debt.” – Lannister House

5. “Winter is coming.” – Stark House/ Everyone else

6. “What do we say to the God of death?” – Syrio Forel

“Not today.”- Ariya Stark

7. “Hold the door!” – Hodor

8. “The White Walkers don’t care if a man’s free folk or crow. We’re all the same to them, meat for their army.” – Jon Snow

9. “A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone.” – Tyrion Lannister

Quotes by bad-ass women:

1. You know nothing Jon Snow.” – Ygritte

2. “Don’t let them see your tears. They are nasty little shits and nasty little shits aren’t worth crying over.” – Brienne of Tarth

3. “Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap if I took you for a man.” – Daenerys Targaryen

4. “Listen to yourselves! If you were sons of mine, I would bang your heads together and lock you in a bedchamber until you remembered that you were brothers.” – Catelyn Stark

5. “The night is dark and full of terrors.” –  Melisandre

6.  “I will take what is mine with fire and blood.” – Daenerys Targaryen

7. “If you ever call me sister again, I’ll have you strangled in your sleep.” – Cersei

8. “Dracarys.” – Daenerys Targaryen

9. “When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.” –  Cersei

10. “The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands.”  – Daenerys Targaryen

Funny/Uneasy quotes

1.  “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder.” – Littlefinger

2. “It’s not easy being drunk all the time. If it were easy, everyone would do it.” – Tyrion

3. “Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick, a shadow on the wall.” – Varys

4. “I read it in a book.” –  Samwell Tarly

5. “I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.” – Tyrion Lannister

Game of Thrones has made a huge impact in film and pop culture and a major part of the reason is because of these unforgetable lines.We are so excited for the amazing one liners this final season will bring and now, we can only pray that none of the charcters  we have invested eight years of our lives in dont die because you never know with GOT

Hi! Im Bezawit! I was born in Ethiopia and I came to the U.S. when I was four. I am a current Intended Entertainment and Media Major. I love writing, talking about film and shows, and drawing! My favorite shows currently are Game of Thrones, Black-ish/Grown-ish, The Mindy Project, Modern Family, and anything Shonda Rhimes does. My favorite movie is a tie between Call Me By Your Name, and The Post. My hobbies include listening to music, insta- stalking ( we all do it so don't judge), and reading. My favorite book is Mom, Me, and Mom by Maya Angelou.